Biggest Fights Between the Boys

Started by hardygirl847, December 08, 2009, 11:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Frank and Joe don't fight each other or argue that much but what about when they do? Can you recall some incidents when they are arguing (or fighting) about something?

For example, I remember them disagreeing in Collision Course because Joe was friends with the supposed "bad guy" and Frank wasn't too keen on helping him.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Of course, Brother and Brother comes to mind, but other then that, and the odd play-fight, I can't think of any.

Actually come to think of it, Frank and Joe do fight in the season three premiere of The Hardy Boys Mysteries, "The Last Kiss of Summer". In this two-part episode Joe's a little stressed (to say the least), and even mouths-off Fenton a bit from what I can remember, so Frank's a little upset. One thing leads to another and Frank punches Joe in the jaw. 

tomswift2002

Frank and Joe also fight in the opening chapter of Dead On Target, and 2 or 3 times in Dead Of Night (in DON Joe even swings a shovel at Frank's head).

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Yeah, but Joe probably didn't even know what he was doing in Dead on Target.

hardygirl847

I really need to catch up on my reading. It's been awhile since I read Dead on Target.

I do remember Frank and Joe having problems in the tv series. I saw that episode on Youtube. Frank punches Joe because he is pretending to be a cop after Joe...while Joe is pretending to be a rich gambler to get to the guy who caused the crash. However, Joe and Frank still fight because Joe doesn't want his brother's help.

I'll have to read Dead Of Night again.

Thanks!! I feel like there are more examples but they are not coming to me right now...Grr.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 13, 2009, 12:01:28 AM
I do remember Frank and Joe having problems in the tv series. I saw that episode on Youtube. Frank punches Joe because he is pretending to be a cop after Joe...while Joe is pretending to be a rich gambler to get to the guy who caused the crash. However, Joe and Frank still fight because Joe doesn't want his brother's help.

Yeah, it was part of their cover story, but I think, at that point, Frank was ready to punch Joe even if it wasn't.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on December 13, 2009, 01:57:49 AM
Yeah, it was part of their cover story, but I think, at that point, Frank was ready to punch Joe even if it wasn't.

LOL yeah definitely!! Frank was pretty peeved at Joe during most of this episode. He REALLY didn't like it when Joe kicked him out of his party. But in Frank's defense, he saw his brother going through a rough time and just wanted to help him. Instead, Joe shut him out and refused his help.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 13, 2009, 06:22:56 PM
LOL yeah definitely!! Frank was pretty peeved at Joe during most of this episode. He REALLY didn't like it when Joe kicked him out of his party. But in Frank's defense, he saw his brother going through a rough time and just wanted to help him. Instead, Joe shut him out and refused his help.

I take it that was from a 3rd season episode?  Come on Universal, put the 3rd season out already!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Yes it was the first episode of Season 3 (The Last Kiss of Summer). I wasn't too happy about Joe getting engaged and then going to get married in the first 3 minutes of the show but it set up the rest of the two-part episode...so I guess it was necessary.

I hear ya Santa!! I hope it doesn't take them another 3 yrs before they put season 3 out! Netflix and Amazon are just teasing us with the ability to "be on notice" or whatever they call it. UGH!

You can catch this episode on youtube. The quality is kinda poor but it's better than nothing!

SDLagent

Yeah, you'd think they would have introduced Joe's wife-to-be, a few episodes before he actually married her. Although, I guess a few months were supposed to have past between the end of the second season and the start of the third season...

hardygirl847

Yeah definitely. I haven't seen the end of season 2 because I am getting it for Christmas. I've watched most of them on youtube but I am waiting (somewhat impatiently) to watch the rest via DVD. However, even if there were a few months between seasons...Joe is still being impulsive. He doesn't want to leave without her so apparently getting married was his only option. I didn't think the car accident scene was as traumatic as it should have been. Guess that was the case in the 70s though...Nowadays it would be totally different. Still...poor Joe.

As a side note, there has to be more times that they argued...Hmm...

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on December 15, 2009, 06:22:05 PM
Although, I guess a few months were supposed to have past between the end of the second season and the start of the third season...

Well, don't forget that the series in the first two seasons was more of an anthology show, jumping around the year.  As you remember in Season 2 the Nancy Drew episode Will The Real Santa Claus... was followed by another episode that took place around New Year's or in January/February.  Then the following episode was a Hardy Boys episode that took place at the beginning of July during the July 4th holiday.  So, in a way, it makes sense that there may be things that were not explained before the third season premiere.

SDLagent

I guess so, but it still seemed a little abrupt.

hardygirl847

I agree...still abrupt. Joe in the TV series wasn't portrayed as hot tempered or impulsive as the Casefiles Joe Hardy. Granted Shaun's portrayal came first but still...The Joe Hardy from the TV series didn't seem like he would be so in a rush. I thought Frank would have been a little more shocked when he was told his little brother was getting married the next day! Lol Now in the Casefiles if Iola had still been around or if not...and Vanessa was around...that Joe Hardy might get the impulsive itch to do something like that.

I'm still trying to find some instances where they fight each other....

tomswift2002

In Operation Phoenix #3: The Phoenix Equation Joe actually murders Frank.  Okay, he doesn't murder Frank, but he does put on a good show with the watermelon as Frank's head!