The problem with ghostwriters

Started by Bigfootman, September 27, 2008, 12:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

I don't mind the Hardy boys being written by meny diffrent people, but there is a problem, and it shows up A LOT in the UBs, THE GHOSTWRITTERS ARE NOT READING THE OTHER BOOKS! Characters are being earsed, continuly errors are appearing, and it's because the writters don't read the other books!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SkyWarp

Quote from: Bigfootman on September 27, 2008, 12:32:40 PM
I don't mind the Hardy boys being written by meny diffrent people, but there is a problem, and it shows up A LOT in the UBs, THE GHOSTWRITTERS ARE NOT READING THE OTHER BOOKS! Characters are being earsed, continuly errors are appearing, and it's because the writters don't read the other books!

Those issues aren't neccessarily the writers responsibility as much as the editors responsibility. 

SDLagent

Yes, and whoever is in charge of the series - they should be keeping track of the continuity.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on September 27, 2008, 01:31:58 PM
Yes, and whoever is in charge of the series - they should be keeping track of the continuity.

Yeah, who do they have in charge, a 6 month old?  Not even Casefiles 81-127 had this much continuity problems and plots that are being held together by "spit and chewing gum".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Definitely. I remember in a different thread a while ago I said something about how could they possibly mess up even the most basic details.

They even mix up Frank and Joe sometimes!

bozonessinc

Look, thats make this point clear, if you want to write a UB they should have to read up on it first, and decide where there going to do, or else it sounds more like it is a whole different series that that they are doing.

well, don't add a ghostwriter who doesn't know anything, get someone who can continue a series, not screw it up!

tomswift2002

Even Dr. John Button was able to continue continuity in the Original Hardy Boys series better than the bozos working at $&$ now.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 30, 2008, 08:52:44 AM
Even Dr. John Button was able to continue continuity in the Original Hardy Boys series better than the bozos working at $&$ now.

They still write good books, I actually have read some of the ATAC books 3 times because I am bored. Some like Murder at the Mall at least 5 times because I'm bored. So I mean they do write good books, and as long as they have the base of the stories they can write them, they don't have to read the whole series. But it would help though.

Olivia

So you only turn to them that many times because you are bored? Be careful what you say, that can be taken a couple of different ways ;) :D

bozonessinc

Quote from: Iola.Alive on September 30, 2008, 10:28:19 PM
So you only turn to them that many times because you are bored? Be careful what you say, that can be taken a couple of different ways ;) :D
Yes, the way I want you to say it, is that they are interesting books that when I need something to do are a good use of my time.

Most of the people on the forum know that since my post number 1 I have always supported the UB's.

Just wandering I am a regular on the site now?

Sam Spade

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 01, 2008, 11:11:42 AM

Yup. Welcome to the MPF regulars club. :)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

bozonessinc

Thanks Samspade. Does nobody like my review of Book three, there has been no response. Its under Missions!

Sam Spade

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 01, 2008, 02:18:07 PM
Thanks Samspade. Does nobody like my review of Book three, there has been no response. Its under Missions!

I haven't seen it yet, (so many topics to read, so little time!) but I also haven't read book three yet, so for fear of spoilers, I probably shouldn't read it. :D
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

bozonessinc

Oh, yeah, I guess if you put it out when the book comes out same day right after your read it. Not everyone has yet.

Olivia

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 01, 2008, 11:11:42 AM
Yes, the way I want you to say it, is that they are interesting books that when I need something to do are a good use of my time.

Most of the people on the forum know that since my post number 1 I have always supported the UB's.

I really was kidding. You'll find that a lot on this forum.

And yeah, we all basically know what side everyone is on. Not that all of us are completely divided and 100% on one side, but the general situation is that people have a side they tend to lean towards.

Speaking of, I think it would make more sense to have more of a Casefiles vs. UBs as opposed to pitting the Network and ATAC against each other as they are just agencies and a plot point. I think people are more for certain books and series in general. I don't know.