Supernatural/Hardy Boys?

Started by Jokerette, December 08, 2011, 01:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see/read a Supernatural/Hardy Boys crossover?

YEEEEEEEESSSS! Please! Please!
2 (22.2%)
NOOOOOOO! Never! Never!
2 (22.2%)
It'd be okay.
1 (11.1%)
Umm, I don't really care...
1 (11.1%)
What is Supernatural?
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Jokerette

well, i read that fanfic and i just had to make this poll. and if you choose option 5, i will cry...either that or strangle you. on second thought...i'll do both  ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

Are you talking about on the show? Though Supernatural may make comparisons and casual references to The Hardy Boys at times, I don't know that an actual crossover with Frank and Joe Hardy would really occur- but it'd be fun, sure. Though the supernatural agents that the Winchesters fight against would be quite a bit out of the range of villians that The Hardy Boys generally deal with. Though some of the books have dealt with some things of the supernatural world, and The Hardy Boys have been generally shown to at least have a belief in God (and I would say they've generally been portrayed with Christian values overall)- it seems like it would definitely be out of their comfort zone in a way.
       But books like The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories and Haunted have dealt with the supernatural and such, but I don't know if those are intended to be considered canon exactly. Supernatural would actually be a lot more in line with The Three Investigators, who regularly have cases that delve some into the supernatural.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

By the way, I wouldn't pick #5- I know what Supernatural is - a hit 1999 album for Santana and an awesome (and sadly apparently final) studio album for DC Talk in 1998. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

It's been done. I read a Hardy Boys/Supernatural crossover on HDA a few years ago.

Quote from: MacGyver on December 08, 2011, 02:18:20 PM
Are you talking about on the show? Though Supernatural may make comparisons and casual references to The Hardy Boys at times, I don't know that an actual crossover with Frank and Joe Hardy would really occur- but it'd be fun, sure. Though the supernatural agents that the Winchesters fight against would be quite a bit out of the range of villians that The Hardy Boys generally deal with. Though some of the books have dealt with some things of the supernatural world, and The Hardy Boys have been generally shown to at least have a belief in God (and I would say they've generally been portrayed with Christian values overall)- it seems like it would definitely be out of their comfort zone in a way.
       But books like The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories and Haunted have dealt with the supernatural and such, but I don't know if those are intended to be considered canon exactly. Supernatural would actually be a lot more in line with The Three Investigators, who regularly have cases that delve some into the supernatural.

I don't see why the Hardys couldn't team-up with the Winchesters. As for the Hardy's religion, I'd say the Winchesters were more religious than the Hardys considering the Hardy boys have never prayed in the books but Sam Winchester has prayed (and so has Dean but only after he met some angels) in Supernatural.

NZone

I'm not a fan of crossovers that don't exist in the same universe.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on December 08, 2011, 02:18:20 PM

I agree. I watched one episode of Supernatural and something just didn't feel right to me. But I'm not sure what it was... :-\

MacGyver

QuoteI don't see why the Hardys couldn't team-up with the Winchesters. As for the Hardy's religion, I'd say the Winchesters were more religious than the Hardys considering the Hardy boys have never prayed in the books but Sam Winchester has prayed (and so has Dean but only after he met some angels) in Supernatural.
Interesting- didn't know that that Winchesters have prayed on the show. I'm not saying the Hardys can't team up with the Winchesters- just that if we were talking about an episode of the show, it would probably be conflicting with the level that the books generally cover, as far as supernatural things. (Seeing as how The Hardy Boys have generally been skeptical of supernatural things-i.e. ghosts, werewolves, vampires, etc.- aside from God of course.)
It would be different to some degree for the Hardy Boys because we don't generally see them literally fighting demons (though we came pretty close in the storytelling of Dead of Night) but sure, it's a possibility. I just don't know if I see it as a likelihood. When it comes to fanfiction though- it's obviously already been done and I'm sure is probably a somewhat popular crossover to do because of the similarities that have already been drawn, both by fans and on the show.

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

SDLagent

Quote from: Mistletoe on December 08, 2011, 06:42:04 PM
I agree. I watched one episode of Supernatural and something just didn't feel right to me. But I'm not sure what it was... :-\

Maybe it was monsters killing people or the demons possessing people that didn't "feel right'. Or something.

MacGyver

Yeah, that wouldn't feel right to me in a Hardy Boys story either...

Jokerette

well, they're obviously in different universes, but i still think it'd be cool. i mean, if joe got a little older and maybe a teensy bit...wilder, he'd be a lot like dean, and sam and frank have their similarities. now, if you'll excuse me...*cries before finding prancer and strangling her*  ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Olivia

I think it'd be a little strange. Do you think everyone would get along? That'd be like a squad or something. I don't know. lol.

SDLagent

I don't think they'd get along - not at first anyway - but that would make for a better story.

Jokerette

Quote from: SDLagent on December 11, 2011, 01:37:07 AM
I don't think they'd get along - not at first anyway - but that would make for a better story.

yes, it'd be unrealistic if they became best buds as soon as they met. you guys should really read phx's crossovers on FFN. they're really good!

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Blitzen on December 09, 2011, 04:46:18 AM
*cries before finding prancer and strangling her*  ;D

Just go ahead and try it. I know self-defense. I have to; I work in church nursery. ;)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...