Fenton's long-lost brother

Started by SDLagent, March 12, 2010, 01:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Or she's the daughter of one of Janet's siblings. If she was Fenton's brother's kid she wouldn't call Sue her cousin.

tomswift2002

On page 174 in Super Sleuths! Volume 1, it seems that Karen is related to Frank and Joe through marriage, and is maybe a "cousin", but is not a "blood cousin", since here is how the passage goes:

Quote from:  Nancy Drew And Hardy Boy's Super Sleuths! Volume 1 (1981), The Secret Of Mountaintop Inn, page 174

Nancy asked,  "Isn't Sue related to Frank and Joe Hardy?

"Yes.  They're her cousins."

By the use of the pronoun "her", Karen is saying that while she is related to Sue, she is not related, by blood anyway, to the Hardy Boys.  Of course, Karen could be meaning that she is a distant cousin (ie. 4th or 5th cousin).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Good eye, sir.
Okay- I think that clue of the pronoun definitely sheds light on this- I think the cousin by marriage explanation probably fits best.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"