Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Encyclopedia Update #1

Started by SkyWarp, September 28, 2018, 11:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

SkyWarp

An interesting read.   Although I enjoyed the book overall, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had read at least some Tom Swift stories before (this was my very first ever Tom Swift story).    I was not all that keen on the way time travel was used in this book, but that is just my personal preference. 

I did find it interesting that a very specific address was mentioned in the book (although for a time in the past).  505 W. 27th Street, New York City.

There were several things mentioned from the Casefiles series.  Although most were not extremely specific, they were enough to determine certain books that were being talked about, I am pretty sure that Dead on Target, Edge of Destruction, and The Phoenix Equation trilogy were all referenced. 

I got the feeling that this may have been the case with the Tom Swift series too, but since I have not read any other Tom Swift books, I don't know. 

tomswift2002

https://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Bomb

References: "Operation Phoenix", "Tom Swift #1 - 4, 6 & 7" "Edge of Destruction".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

It's been a long while since I read the Ultra Thrillers but I'm glad I did. It made me interested in giving the Tom Swift IV series a try and it was really fun reading a book in The Hardy Boys Casefiles universe again long after I'd read the whole series.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"