The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers: The New Case Files

Started by tomswift2002, February 18, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 16, 2011, 09:50:59 PM
I haven't noticed a huge difference really- the artwork is still pretty similar, but it looks like it will be changing in the next few issues, especially in regard to Frank's hair. And of course the book itself is bigger in height. And the current storyline is building as an arc and that's different- and the break-up storyline angle is different- so yes, there are some differences. But it still feels similar to the first 20 graphic novels overall.

What's wrong with Frank's hair?

MacGyver

It's looking kinda blue in the 3rd. Nancy Drew New Casefiles issue.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 16, 2011, 09:55:18 PM
It's looking kinda blue in the 3rd. Nancy Drew New Casefiles issue.

Well, maybe he dyed it! ::)

SDLagent

It's just that it's a different artist on the Nancy Drew crossover. It's not like the editors decided to make Frank's hair blue for the rest of the series.

Basically, the biggest change is the new format - fewer pages but bigger dimensions. Plus, the storylines will span multiple books and the new series will crossover with the new Nancy Drew series.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 16, 2011, 10:59:42 PM
It's just that it's a different artist on the Nancy Drew crossover. It's not like the editors decided to make Frank's hair blue for the rest of the series.

Basically, the biggest change is the new format - fewer pages but bigger dimensions. Plus, the storylines will span multiple books and the new series will crossover with the new Nancy Drew series.

How many crossovers will there be?

SDLagent

Only one so far has been confirmed and that's Nancy Drew The New Case Files #3 Together with the Hardy Boys but I wouldn't be surprised if Nancy appears in the Hardys' series soon.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 16, 2011, 11:05:43 PM
Only one so far has been confirmed and that's Nancy Drew The New Case Files #3 Together with the Hardy Boys but I wouldn't be surprised if Nancy appears in the Hardys' series soon.

I hope she does. What's her New Case files series like? I haven't read it.

SDLagent

I haven't, either. But I have read some of the original Nancy Drew Graphic Novel series and they were really quite good. I actually liked the early ND graphics more than the early HB ones. So, considering the new series has the same writer I'm sure it's pretty good (despite the vampires and Twilight references).

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 16, 2011, 11:11:11 PM
I haven't, either. But I have read some of the original Nancy Drew Graphic Novel series and they were really quite good. I actually liked the early ND graphics more than the early HB ones. So, considering the new series has the same writer I'm sure it's pretty good (despite the vampires and Twilight references).

Wonder why they did that? I thought about getting it until I saw the cover . . .

:o Then I was like "okay . . . what were they thinking?"

SDLagent

They were thinking on cashing-in on the vampire craze. Good business, really.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 16, 2011, 11:40:23 PM
They were thinking on cashing-in on the vampire craze. Good business, really.

I guess . . .  ::) :-\

MacGyver

I've got the first two issues of the Nancy Drew New Casefiles series- mainly for the setting up of the later story arc- it doesn't seem like it's a huge thing where it's really worth having- I'll let you know more on it when I really have a chance to read it...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on February 17, 2011, 12:52:19 AM
I've got the first two issues of the Nancy Drew New Casefiles series- mainly for the setting up of the later story arc- it doesn't seem like it's a huge thing where it's really worth having- I'll let you know more on it when I really have a chance to read it...

That's pretty cool. Fourth wall breaking is usually really fun. In the TV series Supernatural, they had a little bit of that in the latter seasons. The main characters of the series, the Winchester brothers, discover they have a fan following because of a series of novels called Supernatural. In turns out the author of the series, Chuck, is a prophet and one day his novels will be included in the Bible as the "The Winchester Gospel". Also, the Winchesters brothers, to their disgust, discover Supernatural fan fiction (including slash) and, in one episode, even attend a Supernatural fan convention.

Olivia

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 16, 2011, 11:19:21 PM
:o Then I was like "okay . . . what were they thinking?"

Quote from: MacGyver on February 17, 2011, 12:52:19 AM

My comments on the first one is here here.

Quote from: SDLagent on February 17, 2011, 03:22:16 AM
That's pretty cool. Fourth wall breaking is usually really fun.

I find a lot of times that it's the intelligent television shows that do that, and in a smart way.

MacGyver

Deadpool of Marvel Comics is great (and infamous) for this. ;D