The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers: The New Case Files

Started by tomswift2002, February 18, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Haha- that would probably be a more likely scenario anyway I guess. However they do it, it would be nice to acknowledge them.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Olivia

Quote from: SDLagent on February 03, 2011, 01:26:23 AM
I think a more fitting tribute would be to have one of the boys turn on the radio to one of Cassidy's singles and have Joe mention how he can't stand Cassidy's music.

It's funny because originally, I didn't like the singing on the '77 series. I thought it was distracting and taking away from the show, and I wasn't into it. But, it grew on me.

hardygirl847

Parker and Shaun as the villains?? LOVE IT

Quote from: SDLagent on February 03, 2011, 01:26:23 AM
I think a more fitting tribute would be to have one of the boys turn on the radio to one of Cassidy's singles and have Joe mention how he can't stand Cassidy's music.

This I could totally see.

Quote from: MacGyver on February 02, 2011, 10:53:59 AM
Well, the singing then isn't really necessarily part of Joe's character in the books- but it would be nice to have one episode of any new Hardy Boys show include a singing performance from Joe just as tribute to Shaun Cassidy on the '70s live action show. :)

The first part is exactly why I wasn't a huge fan of the singing. It was not for the Hardy Boys but to further Shaun's career as a singer.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Well, Frank and Joe did play the guitar in the 1971 Revision of The Flickering Torch Mystery and were part of a band.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I've kinda wondered if that wasn't inspired by The Hardy Boys cartoon that was airing at the time.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Probably. I'm not against them picking up an instrument for a mission or something but to do several scenarios around Joe singing? It just makes it look like a commercial for Shaun Cassidy. AND it takes away from Frank. However, the episode (I forget which one)...Frank leaves EVERY TIME Joe starts to sing. That cracked me up!!!!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

JoeHardyRocks

I LOVE THAT EPISODE!!!! Haha, then Joe records it and they still can't listen to it... But it helps him catch the bad guys! ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Well, Shaun Cassidy did have a burgeoning singing career at the time. You can't blame him for wanting to promote that- and I'm sure the producers of the show wanted to capitalize on his fame as a singer to draw in even more people to watch the show. So I just accept singing as part of Joe's character on the '70s show and go with it. It's cool with me. Besides, I love the running gag of Frank getting up and leaving every time Joe sings. ;D

Hardy Boys UB Fan

SDLagent

Does anyone not like the New Case Files? I think that's the real question.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 16, 2011, 08:33:38 PM
Does anyone not like the New Case Files? I think that's the real question.

Are they 100% better then the UB paperbacks?

SDLagent

Well, there's only been one New Case Files so far but almost all of the 20 volumes in the Graphic Novel series were better than the regular UB novels.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 16, 2011, 08:42:18 PM
Well, there's only been one New Case Files so far but almost all of the 20 volumes in the Graphic Novel series were better than the regular UB novels.

Is there a difference between the GN's and the New Casefiles?

Hardy Boys UB Fan

MacGyver

I haven't noticed a huge difference really- the artwork is still pretty similar, but it looks like it will be changing in the next few issues, especially in regard to Frank's hair. And of course the book itself is bigger in height. And the current storyline is building as an arc and that's different- and the break-up storyline angle is different- so yes, there are some differences. But it still feels similar to the first 20 graphic novels overall.