The Ultimate Sleuth 24-Book Collection

Started by SDLagent, July 08, 2011, 05:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

A large boxed set of the first 24 titles in The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers series called The Ultimate Sleuth 24-Book Collection is available on Amazon.com. The redesigned titles look a little out of place, eh?

MacGyver

That's interesting- hadn't seen that before. I guess it's cool that The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers series has gotten a box set like that, although I'm pretty sure it's had at least one other before. I suppose at the time (2010) only those 24 were available...? But yeah- it seems interesting to have that first trilogy thrown in at the end- still, nice find. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Yeah, I know of at least two other boxed sets. I think three, actually.

Olivia

I totally forgot about this, but I actually have UB boxed sets 1-8 and 9-16. I grabbed them in a store since it was a really good price, but haven't opened it since I haven't used it and/or don't know if I'm going to keep it in the future.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on July 08, 2011, 06:22:11 PM
I suppose at the time (2010) only those 24 were available...?

Considering that #24 (the #24 that finishes the Murder House Trilogy) was published in September 2008, Simon & Schuster could've included at least #'s 25 (Double Trouble, November 2008)) to 33 (Killer Connections, March 2010) in the set.

As for box sets, as far as I'm aware there was only the Spy Set (Books 1-4) released back in 2006 and the Ultimate Collection #1 (there never was a #2) (books 1-8) released in May 2007.  Papercutz has also released a boxed set after every fourth book has been printed.  So you have a set with books 1-4, followed by 5-8, etc., etc.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

QuoteAs for box sets, as far as I'm aware there was only the Spy Set (Books 1-4) released back in 2006 and the Ultimate Collection #1 (there never was a #2) (books 1-8) released in May 2007.  Papercutz has also released a boxed set after every fourth book has been printed.  So you have a set with books 1-4, followed by 5-8, etc., etc.
Actually, it looks like there was an Ultimate Collection #2 released.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I have to wonder when that came out, since I would've checked out that information in 2011.  Even now it looks like, if this is a legit release, it has flown under the radar for a few years.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

MacGyver

I ran across this set in person at a bookstore a while back. Here are some photos I took for anyone interested. :) 8)

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

So you've got the set then? Cool! :) 8) It's a neat collectible for sure- I already had all those books individually, so I wasn't going to invest in it. But yeah- it's a really neat gift for someone looking to jumpstart their Hardy Boys UB collection.