Edge of Destruction

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, August 11, 2011, 10:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on August 15, 2011, 02:25:33 PM
Yep- another media format now gone and forgotten. And there were 16mm slides and projectors before Beta tapes....

Really . . .? ???

MacGyver

yup yup...

there's nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9) :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

P. Walker

Quote from: Katie on August 11, 2011, 12:52:05 PM
Nothing, I guess, I was just pointing a few things out. :-[ Wow, what a history lesson. Thanks. ;D 8) Never knew all that. :o

how old are you? I guess that kind of a rant doesnt bother me b/c i grew up during that time and remember what we did and didnt have tech wise. And with regards to cellphones: do they work that well underground?

Anyway, Edge of Destruction, Ive just finished rereading it, is kinda average. Theres a lot going on, but its not really that interesting IMO. I did like Trask though and that one-on-three fight. When the book came in yesterday via Amazon, I knew I'd read it before just based on the familiarity of the cover but other than that I'd forgotten a lot of the plot points. I actually had to force myself to finish it just so i can start on The Crowning Terror, which came in the mail today. (now I just hope that the Amazon seller can go ahead and send out #11 and 13 really fast)

tomswift2002

I still remember my teachers using 8mm film reels to show us educational films as late as 1999.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

P. Walker

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on April 11, 2012, 09:29:41 PM
I still remember my teachers using 8mm film reels to show us educational films as late as 1999.

i remember those...we used to watch episodes of the old Curious George cartoons on those when i was in 2nd grade.

MacGyver

I always liked Edge of Destruction- I particularly thought the literal underground movement was a pretty interesting aspect of the story. I think this may well be the first of The Hardy Boys Casefiles that I ever read- I remember seeing this in a bookstore and asking my father for it, primarily being attracted to it because of Frank and Joe climbing out of a manhole on the cover, which immediately made me think of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. ;D :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Edge of Destruction was a good book. I like that there was a lot of action.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

NZone

I liked the huge anticlimax.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

AlwaysAJoefan

I loved Edge of Destruction. Definitely in my top 7. :D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...