Undercover Brothers doesn't fit into Hardy Boys continualty!

Started by Bigfootman, August 26, 2008, 01:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozonessinc

So I base my opinion on the original hardy boys books and the ATAC books, in my opinion it is better. From the casefiles I have read, the ATAC are better. If you like a series you tend to buy more of it. So I have not read very many casefiles because I did not think the first ones were best and they aren't common at all book stores. Some don't even sell them, just the ATAC and the oringial. Coles doesn't at some locations.

tomswift2002

The last Casefiles book, #127 Dead In The Water, was published in January 1998, and even before that $&$ had been sending quite a few Casefiles into the out-of-print listings for unknown reasons.  Last time I checked back in December $&$ was saying that all books related to the Hardy Boys Casefiles continuity were out-of-print and no longer available.  So the Casefiles are no longer available in many "new" bookstores.  Instead they are available from used book stores and online.

As far as I know a lot of libraries still have the Casefiles in their collections since the oldest books are less than 50 years old.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

SDLagent

bozonessinc

What is that supposed to mean.. the $and$ are you trying to suggest they only care about money.

YOUR RIGHT

SDLagent

Olivia

Definitely a good name for "$&$" thanks to you, SDLagent. We should send that to them ;)

Or do something random like paste pictures of the HBs onto another picture of a money tree and a photo of Edward Stratemeyer crying. But did Edward himself care about the series? I'm sure he did, but it was probably also about the money because he originally created the concept of the dime novel which did well, right?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 02, 2008, 12:21:20 AM

Or do something random like paste pictures of the HBs onto another picture of a money tree and a photo of Edward Stratemeyer crying. But did Edward himself care about the series? I'm sure he did, but it was probably also about the money because he originally created the concept of the dime novel which did well, right?

I think Edward Stratemeyer cared about the series since from all the research that people have done it appears that Edward Stratemeyer was the primary editor at the Stratemeyer Syndicate when he was alive.  According to the records at the New York Public Library Edward Stratmeyer edited all the Tom Swift books up to Tom Swift and His Sky Train (1931) and all the Hardy Boys up to The Great Airport Mystery (1930) and possible some of What Happened at Midnight (1931).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

bozonessinc

SandS is crazy all they care about is MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY AND MONEY AND DID I FORGET TO MENTION MONEY

NZone

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 02, 2008, 10:58:37 AM
SandS is crazy all they care about is MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY AND MONEY AND DID I FORGET TO MENTION MONEY

Heaven forbid a company care about money!!! ::) S&S's purpose is to make money. They are under no obligation to do anything other than make money. The only problem, the best way to make money is not to try to squeeze every dime out of something, but to build a large and supportive fan base. So actually S&S does not care enough about money, or they need better decisions so that they can make more money.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

Just to respond to this money thing in general...

Sometimes when a company fixates on money, they try to output as much as possible (as well as "mainstream" or "dumbdown") which may affect the quality of the product a lot of times. Also, trying to appeal to the masses sometimes doesn't take much.

Well, I know what I mean in my head anyways.

Bigfootman

Quote from: bozonessinc on September 29, 2008, 11:08:32 AM
I have only read 2 casefiles books, and in the ones I read, there was just The boys and deciding they needed to do something about something, where is this network in the books.
It's possible you happened to read 2 books from the 90-127 range, witch Didn't have much network.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

bozonessinc

Possible!

I guess....

But, why should I answer you, you were making fun of me on another thread... Kidding...