Frank and Joe's Passports

Started by hardygirl847, April 23, 2011, 05:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

While reading the Operation Trilogy today (WHICH I LOVE BTW), I was thinking about all of the different places the Hardy boys have been.

Just in the first 2 books they are in Africa and then Sweden.

Where else have the boys traveled? And please note the book or books in which they travel to the country you mention as well. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on April 23, 2011, 05:09:28 PM
While reading the Operation Trilogy today (WHICH I LOVE BTW), I was thinking about all of the different places the Hardy boys have been.

Just in the first 2 books they are in Africa and then Sweden.

Where else have the boys traveled? And please note the book or books in which they travel to the country you mention as well. :)

England. In the Hardy Boys Casefiles, Strategic Moves, Castle Fear. Great books! ;) ;D 8) As well as a few others which I can't remember right now! :-[

tomswift2002

Quote from: Katie on April 23, 2011, 09:16:31 PM
England. In the Hardy Boys Casefiles, Strategic Moves, Castle Fear. Great books! ;) ;D 8) As well as a few others which I can't remember right now! :-[

The boys were also in the United Kingdom in The Witchmaster's Key (the boys, as I recall since it's been about a decade since I last read the book) visited England, Scotland, Northern and Southern Ireland and the Celtic regions.

Plus the boys have also been to Australia (The Firebird Rocket), Antarctica (The Stone Idol, Absolute Zero), Holland (Evil In Amsterdam), Canada The Short-Wave Mystery, The Viking Symbol Mystery, Mystery At Devil's Paw, Countdown To Terror, New Year's Evil), and Japan (Tour Of Danger).  That just about covers every single continent in the world.  Not to mention that the boys have also been in Earth Orbit (The Skyfire Puzzle).  Unfortunately the one place that the boys haven't been to was Pangea (although Tom Swift managed to go there in Time Bomb;  while I don't believe the theory of the Earth being millions of years old, I do think that before the Flood it is possible that there was only one continent, and then while the flood was draining the continents were allowed to seperate quickly to allow the flood waters to form the different oceans and lakes).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Quote(although Tom Swift managed to go there in Time Bomb;  while I don't believe the theory of the Earth being millions of years old, I do think that before the Flood it is possible that there was only one continent, and then while the flood was draining the continents were allowed to seperate quickly to allow the flood waters to form the different oceans and lakes).
That could be- I have just recently been reading in Genesis and God never really specifies about creating separate countries in The Holy Bible that I can see. And since two of every kind of animal came to Noah to be kept alive in the Ark, it seems reasonable that for pairs of wallabies and wallaroos and kangaroos and koalas and wombats and platypii, etc. to get to Noah- it would be easiest if they had dry land to walk across rather than having to go swimming. (Although a platypus obviously could do that.) Of course, I don't know if all those animals would have been housed together in Australia at that point. It doesn't really matter ultimately- God could have instantaneously transported the animals over land and sea miraculously if He so chose to do so. But it does seem reasonable that Pangea may have existed before the Flood- but not afterwards of course.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Olivia

I think Pangea is more than likely. Especially since the inside of the earth is liquid, molten lava and the surface of the Earth is the crust/land that moves as a result.

Also, the way people date rocks and stuff is not always accurate. My dad explained it to me in depth one time (one of his master's degrees is in geology/science) and one of the (much simpler) reasons I can remember is that pollution and stuff affects the entire process. So the "millions of years" could likely be way off.

Anyway, back to the topic. Maybe sometime we'll be able to count and/or list all the countries the Hardys went to. Be interesting to see!

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Olivia on April 25, 2011, 08:08:04 PM
I think Pangea is more than likely. Especially since the inside of the earth is liquid, molten lava and the surface of the Earth is the crust/land that moves as a result.

Also, the way people date rocks and stuff is not always accurate. My dad explained it to me in depth one time (one of his master's degrees is in geology/science) and one of the (much simpler) reasons I can remember is that pollution and stuff affects the entire process. So the "millions of years" could likely be way off.

Anyway, back to the topic. Maybe sometime we'll be able to count and/or list all the countries the Hardys went to. Be interesting to see!

Yeah, it would be. :)

hardygirl847

Even better to put a pushpin or dot on a map of the world as we figure out where they've been.

Have they been to the same place twice for the same mystery?

Not going to one town to another but coming back to revisit clues, etc. I can't think of any instances right now.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)