Make your own Casefile!

Started by Bigfootman, July 19, 2008, 06:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 23, 2008, 06:50:33 PM
Title: Leafy Arson
Characters: Frank, Joe, Callie and Chet
Plot: Someone is going around Canada's national capital region setting fires to any Canadian Flags or Maple Leaf flags.  Who's doing it?  Is it all part of a terrorist plot by the Assassins, or is a hockey fan just going overboard a little bit.  The RCMP are stumped so it is up to the Hardy Boys, Callie Shaw and Chet Morton, who are on a tour of Canada's Capital Region, to solve the case and figure out who is doing the LEAFY ARSON!

Might be a good book, kind of a cheesy title though.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Bigfootman

Title: Out Of This World
Characters: Frank, Joe
Plot: During a trip to Scotland, Joe sees someone get murdered. The problem is that it seems like alians murdered him! The police won't him, so Frank goes to the place where the murder happed and is attacked by a werewolf! Can the Hardy's figure who is trying to drive them crazy?

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Bigfootman on July 23, 2008, 07:03:33 PM
Title: Out Of This World
Characters: Frank, Joe
Plot: During a trip to Scotland, Joe sees someone get murdered. The problem is that it seems like alians murdered him! The police won't him, so Frank goes to the place where the murder happed and is attacked by a werewolf! Can the Hardy's figure who is trying to drive them crazy?

Sounds similar to Casefiles #80 Dead Of Night.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

(tomswift2002) Hey! Who's against Canada so much? J/K. Interesting idea, I think I would be completely involved in the story because it's like I have a personal stake. I just hope it's not anybody from Quebec (unless it's written well). I also hope it avoids all the Canadian cliches, which I'm sure it would.

(Bigfootman) You really like using animals, don't you!

SDLagent

Quote from: oliviatocali on July 24, 2008, 01:12:02 PM
(tomswift2002) Hey! Who's against Canada so much? J/K. Interesting idea, I think I would be completely involved in the story because it's like I have a personal stake. I just hope it's not anybody from Quebec (unless it's written well). I also hope it avoids all the Canadian cliches, which I'm sure it would.

Like myself, tomswift2002 is from Canada, so I'm sure he would depict it realistically.

Bigfootman

Quote from: oliviatocali on July 24, 2008, 01:12:02 PM
(Bigfootman) You really like using animals, don't you!
Yes, I've alway's been a nature fan!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 24, 2008, 02:26:37 PM
Like myself, tomswift2002 is from Canada, so I'm sure he would depict it realistically.

Plus I've been living in the Ottawa and Ottawa Valley area for the past 15 years.  Also, when I was making the plot up I was thinking about making a book that paid a little bit of homage to the original Franklin W. Dixon, Leslie McFarlane, who was born in Carleton Place (now a part of Ottawa), raised in Arnprior and grew up in the area.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

mscriminalist

I hope this thread isn't dead and I'm not annoying anyone by resurrecting it (I'm just not sure if I should start a new thread since it is related to this thread anyway... apologies).

I used to imagine my own Casefiles last time and wrote out the synopsis and plot outlines. Unfortunately they're gone now with my old computer. Finding this thread sort of triggers the writer's itch in me, and perhaps I should go back to it.

I enjoy Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series and I'd like to write the Casefiles in a similar manner/style.
You're nothing but a one-armed bandit.

JoeHardyRocks

Nope, you're not annoying anyone. :) We'd love to see some of your ideas! :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

mscriminalist, there are some Alex Rider fans on this forum too :)

mscriminalist

Quote from: Sparkles on August 16, 2009, 05:49:41 PM
mscriminalist, there are some Alex Rider fans on this forum too :)

That's awesome! I just checked out the Alex Rider thread on the Other Books section :) It's great to see Hardy fans who read Alex Rider as well. I love the way Anthony Horowitz get detailed in his books.

Quote from: Stardust link=topic=831.msg39706#msg39706
Nope, you're not annoying anyone. :) We'd love to see some of your ideas! :D

Oh well, I don't think I'm really much of a writer, but if I could... in my reinvention, I would follow closely to the Casefiles canon but probably disregard some details. I would focus on characterization. Some changes include growing the Hardy Boys older by 3 years, put them in college but throw them back into all those danger and excitement. Bring back Network and the Assassins and basically mess with everyone's lives and heads. I'd probably feature Nancy Drew as well. I can't really say anything anymore because I haven't actually got everything tied up, but those are basically the wild ideas I have in my head. I want the story to be edgier. The only problem is putting them down on paper.

And oh, Iola is still dead in my reinvention, sorry :P

Where do you guys usually put up your writing stuff, anyway?
You're nothing but a one-armed bandit.

kosmicdust

I've posted this elsewhere before, but I thought a different audience migfht get a kick out of it!

QuoteFrank and Joe investigate mysterious goings on at their local hangout - Mr. Pizza - where Tony Prito tells the brothers about a series of shady food suppliers who have started distributing their goods to several fast-food outlets in Bayport.

When a number of people fall ill due to food poisoning, Frank, Joe and Tony cook up a plan to smoke out the saboteurs. It's a tough case to swallow, and our fearless heros have a lot of clues to chew upon, but can they stop the chef of death before the final course is served?

Casefiles #128:
"EXPLOSIVE FARTS"

P. Walker

Dont have a title but it would follow the Casefiles continuity since I read those first before starting with the Classic HB series, but anyway since I just finished rereading Dead on target, I had an idea where the bomb maker that tried to hijack the plane, Hassan, gets involved in a prisoner swap/ or have British forces cave in to a current terrorist situation and are forced to let him go...whatever the case would be, he's free and have his sights on Frank and Joe. And thats about as far as I got.