The Library Of Congress might have an unpublished Hardy Boys book

Started by Bigfootman, January 30, 2011, 02:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Jungle Of Evil...that was the proposed 7th title to the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Be A Detective Mystery Stories series back in 1985.  It's possible that the book had an ISBN assigned to it, just like the lost #86.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah, unfortunately that's probably all it is. I had a similar scenario with the Saved By the Bell book series. (Yes, there was a 22 book series based on the show- the high school version, that is. There were also 4 books based on the Saved By the Bell: The College Years show and 10 books based on Saved By the Bell: The New Class. These were all original stories and there was also a novelization of the Saved By the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas TV-movie.) And me, being a big fan of Saved By the Bell in general, I've got most all of them except for the SBTB:TNC books- I've got one and I might pick up the others if I ever run across them.
     Anyway, for a long time I had heard rumors online that there were 3 other books in the high school series and I even had some proposed titles and ISBNs for them. I had found listings on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble's site for some of them. I finally actually got in touch with one of the ghostwriters for the series ("Beth Cruise" is listed as the pen name for all of them)- and she was able to confirm for me that the other books were proposed but never got published.
     Okay- so there's some random fandom knowledge for you- lol.
Not meaning to be a downer though. Good work tracking that down, Dinosaur Dan. One never knows- it could be the manuscript for the book? (that is, like an advance copy or something.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

SDLagent

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on January 30, 2011, 03:20:31 PM
Jungle Of Evil...that was the proposed 7th title to the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Be A Detective Mystery Stories series back in 1985.  It's possible that the book had an ISBN assigned to it, just like the lost #86.

I'm thinking the same thing.