Book Scores

Started by ken10, September 05, 2009, 03:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4567TME

My book score is as follows:

100-90%-Perfect Books that fall in this rating have suspenseful plots, plenty of action, and believable characters.
I highly recommend this book to everyone!

89-80%-Terrific Anything in this category has believable characters and medium action, but a few flaws.

79-70%-Great These books have good values and mysterious plots, but noticeable just. . .blah that keeps it from anything better

69-60%-Good An overall good book, but it won't keep you entertained for more than a month.

59-50%-Medium It's not good, it's not bad, but if it's 55+, the good is over the bad.

49-40%-Down There The author apparently did not use his or her's full potential, or they wrote it when they were hyper.

39-30%-Bad--Just Bad Based on it, try to stay at least 250 feet from this book.

29-20%-Awful They just had a checklist of what makes a Hardy Boys book and checked down it, so nothing special.

19-10%-Stay Away Oh, no! It's almost there, at . . .

9-0%-Against the Law Low down stinker! Don't read it!

4567TME

P.S.
The idea is for you to post your grading levels for books.

Olivia

You should post in the Top Ten Casefiles topic sometime :)

4567TME

I can't find any ANY-WHERE!  :(

JoeHardyRocks

Any what? Casefiles? I got a couple from AMazon. Try there.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

4567TME

OK, and I think there's a few in the main branch of the county's library system.

And before we swing TOO off topic, the purpose is to post a review and grading system for books.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

Let me just quickly suggest eBay and Bookfinder.com to find Casefiles.

So, I don't really consciously grade books. But the main things I look at is the believability, originality, and writing style.

And I guess I generally/informally break it into three ranks: not that good, mediocre, and excellent.

4567TME

So the general feeling of the house is that not to many people use a grading system  :(, but we've only tested a few.

SDLagent

I use 5 star rating system. I've used it in the polls in the Graphic Novel board.

4567TME

hardygirl847

Brother Against Brother Gets an Excellent, 4 Star, 10 rating from me. I hope that covered all of the different grading systems lol
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Going by ken10's rating system I would have to give Cave Trap a 1% Against The Law rating;  Aside from Frank washing a rope...there is nothing else that is interesting in the book.

Yeah...washing a rope!  (shakes head)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Did he iron his socks, too?

4567TME

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 19, 2009, 07:35:15 PM
Going by ken10's rating system I would have to give Cave Trap a 1% Against The Law rating;  Aside from Frank washing a rope...there is nothing else that is interesting in the book.

Yeah...washing a rope!  (shakes head)
Thank you for using my rating system.