Hardy Boys Season 3 coming to DVD...February 2013!

Started by tomswift2002, November 09, 2012, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

Oh my word! I'm insanely excited!!:D

I haven't been on here much, lol I've missed you guys! ;) how are y'all doing??
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 08, 2013, 10:25:06 PM

I haven't been on here much, lol I've missed you guys! ;) how are y'all doing??

I'd noticed you hadn't been on here for a long time, nice to see you! :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Yeah, I'd noticed too. Nice to have you back around here, JHR. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Well, The Hardy Boys Season 3 DVD release will be in stores next Tuesday!!! I am very excited to pick this up. And I just looked at Best Buy's site to see if they had it listed (and they do- for $19.99- pretty decent price.) However, I noticed that the cover art was a bit different here- I wonder if Shout! Factory has updated the cover art for this set? Or maybe Best Buy just has an older version of the cover art? I'm not sure which is the correct one, but I kinda hope Best Buy's cover art is a new revised version, as I think it looks better that way- without the keyhole and flashlight.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

Oh my word!! :D do you think they'll have it at Walmart/Target?
"Thank you, Joe."

MacGyver

I sure hope so. I didn't see it advertised in their sales papers, but I will definitely be planning to check Wal-Mart on Tuesday- I have a gift card there from Christmas that I've been saving for just this purpose! :) 8)

JoeHardyRocks

Awesome! 8) I'm going to surprise my sisters, (FrankJoeATAC and my little sis) and not tell them about it until I bring it home. They'll be so excited! ;D
"Thank you, Joe."

MacGyver

Cool! I didn't realize FrankJoeATAC was your sister's account, JHR. (Or I may have heard it in a thread somewhere a long time back and forgot- oh well.) Wow- I don't guess she's been on here in a long time then...
But yeah- that will definitely be a cool surprise. :) 8)

MacGyver

Well, I checked three stores today and couldn't find this release. Thankfully, Walmart.com has confirmed for me that one of the stores near my area has The Hardy Boys Season 3 on DVD- so I hope to pick it up a little later today. :) 8)

JoeHardyRocks

Haha yeah, she grew up and stopped finding time for fictional characters :( boo! She's older than me, she'll be off to college this fall :)

Quote from: MacGyver on February 12, 2013, 02:56:01 PM
Well, I checked three stores today and couldn't find this release. Thankfully, Walmart.com has confirmed for me that one of the stores near my area has The Hardy Boys Season 3 on DVD- so I hope to pick it up a little later today. :) 8)

Awesome :D I'm going to check Walmart tomorrow when I go out :)
"Thank you, Joe."

MacGyver

It may be different in different areas, but after checking multiple Wal-Mart stores, I still couldn't find this. Target, Toys 'R' Us, and Best Buy and FYE didn't either. I finally found a copy at Barnes & Noble and it was the only one there. I flipped through all the episodes- all are looking pretty good to me, though Shout! Factory does note that they used the best available video sources on the box and video. They didn't have any previews of episodes included as other Seasons have had, but that's not a huge loss. I know at least some previews exist for Season 3 though because there's one on my VHS copy of the "Search for Atlantis" episode. The real major bummer though is that the DVD set does not have the new interview with Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson that Shout's website had listed. I'm rather disappointed about that (and I intend to check with Shout and see what the deal is on that), but I'm mainly happy to just finally have the complete series officially released to DVD.

MacGyver

And it turns out that the cover art used for Season 3 is indeed the one I posted earlier in this thread. :) 8)
And I'm glad for that because I do think it looks much better than the other one. However, the keyhole and flashlight design is still used on the back cover and it looks much better there. There are also some pictures from the episodes- one of Frank, one of Joe and one of Frank and Joe. Check Amazon.com's page- a fan on there has uploaded pictures of the back cover and the inside of the DVD set with the disc artwork.

tomswift2002

Yeah, I didn't see any copies at my local Walmart, but I just received my copy today from Amazon.  Shout probably put that Best Video Sources warning on, since Universal probably wanted more money for better quality masters that were either from the era or transferred from the film masters to new tape masters.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

Never got a chance to check out Walmart, but it wasn't at my Target or PX :( I'll probably have to order it from Amazon...
"Thank you, Joe."

MacGyver

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too just to cover all the bases.

I got a reply from Shout! Factory about the planned extra that was to have been included- the new interview with Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson.
Here is what they said on that:
"Sorry about that, that was indeed a bonus feature that was originally going to be on there but didn't make it for one reason or another. We've now removed it from the site, thanks for letting us know, and enjoy the Hardy Boys!"

Too bad, but it happens. Oh well- I am still glad to have some official form of the Season 3 episodes finally on DVD, syndicated or otherwise, regardless of whether any special features were included.