Graphic Novels in General

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, August 11, 2007, 01:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

My updated rankings after read ''Shhhhhh!'':

01. Live Free, Die Hardy! (#15)
02. A Hardy Day's Night (#10)
03. The Opposite Numbers (#7)
04. The Ocean of Osyria (#1)
05. The Deadliest Stunt (#13)
06. To Die or Not to Die? (#9)
07. Identity Theft (#2)
08. Dude Ranch O' Death! (#12)
09. Haley Danelle's Top Eight (#14)
10. Abracadeath! (#11)
11. Board to Death (#8)
12. Mad House (#3)
13. Shhhhhh! (#16)
14. Hyde & Shriek (#6)
15. Sea You, Sea Me (#5)
16. Malled (#4)

SDLagent

It looks like new printings of early titles in the series will get redesign to match the current UB look. "The Hardy Boys Graphic Novels from Papercutz" page in Chaos at 30,000 Feet shows a redesigned cover for The Ocean of Osyria. Same cover art, of course, but with new graphics (updated "Hardy Boys" script in yellow and the book's title is set in bigger font, also in yellow). Unlike, the UB novels, it looks like the GN will have a consistent color scheme, since all four "new style" covers use yellow font.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on March 16, 2010, 08:32:38 PM
It looks like new printings of early titles in the series will get redesign to match the current UB look. "The Hardy Boys Graphic Novels from Papercutz" page in Chaos at 30,000 Feet shows a redesigned cover for The Ocean of Osyria. Same cover art, of course, but with new graphics (updated "Hardy Boys" script in yellow and the book's title is set in bigger font, also in yellow). Unlike, the UB novels, it looks like the GN will have a consistent color scheme, since all four "new style" covers use yellow font.

Interesting, considering that Ocean Of Osyria has already received an update to the title font.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Yeah, it's already gone through a few revisions.

hardygirl847

Being first doesn't always have all the advantages.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

It's just the cover that's been revised, but the plot/continuity is a little different then the other titles, too.

MacGyver

It's the only one to actually include Iola and Callie and Chet if I'm not mistaken.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Lobdell promised last year that the chums would turn-up again in a future graphic novel, and, if Deadly Strategy is the last title like we suspect, we might just them (along with Biff, Tony and Phil, I hope) again in volume #20.

BTW, Chet does appear in at least three other titles in the series, and Callie and Iola make a cameo in The Opposite Numbers.

MacGyver

Okay, I was thinking maybe Chet did show up again, though I wasn't sure on the girls- I've read them all, but it's been a while on some. It would be great to see the whole gang there in "Deadly Strategy" though.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

I notice that the cover art of boxed set vol. #17-20, Word Up has got a make-over, too. This just looks like a quick mock-up, and the real cover will probably look better. I hope it does anyway.

MacGyver

Interesting- I guess they want to keep the graphic novels current to the Undercover Brothers' current design.

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on March 19, 2010, 02:16:52 PM
Okay, I was thinking maybe Chet did show up again, though I wasn't sure on the girls- I've read them all, but it's been a while on some. It would be great to see the whole gang there in "Deadly Strategy" though.

Well you will have to wait until July 6th now to find out! I just checked on Amazon.com and sure enough...the March 30th release was bumped to July 6th! :(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on April 01, 2010, 12:15:47 AM
Well you will have to wait until July 6th now to find out! I just checked on Amazon.com and sure enough...the March 30th release was bumped to July 6th! :(

What do you mean July 6th?  Chapters.ca (and Amazon.ca) is reporting that its being released May 25th, 2010.

MacGyver

Amazon.com does list July 6, 2010 for the release date.
(http://www.amazon.com/Hardy-Boys-20-Strategy-Undercover/dp/159707182X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270134983&sr=8-1)

However, Amazon.ca does still list May 25, 2010 for the release date.
(http://www.amazon.ca/Hardy-Boys-20-Deadly-Strategy/dp/159707182X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270135046&sr=8-1)

Either Canada is getting this book a bit earlier than the USA or someone's got a wrong date somewhere.