One of the Top Hardy Boys series to date

Started by tomswift2002, June 23, 2007, 04:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Eagle

Time Bomb is pretty good, from what I've read of it so far.
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Centrion

Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

SDLagent

(Thanks to Lola) I read ''Time Bomb'' yesterday. It was very good. I loved the beginning where Frank and Joe were going after the Swifts and I really like the gun fight in 1932. Not to mention the climax, although I thought it would have been more powerful from Joe's point of view, when Frank and Fenton died. This was really a fight that couldn't be won by the good guys...yet they did, so it made it really exciting.

I'd have liked to see some things different though. A) more pages and B) 1927 rather then 1932.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on October 07, 2008, 06:36:01 PM
(Thanks to Lola) I read ''Time Bomb'' yesterday. It was very good. I loved the beginning where Frank and Joe were going after the Swifts and I really like the gun fight in 1932. Not to mention the climax, although I thought it would have been more powerful from Joe's point of view, when Frank and Fenton died. This was really a fight that couldn't be won by the good guys...yet they did, so it made it really exciting.

I'd have liked to see some things different though. A) more pages and B) 1927 rather then 1932.

So do you agree that it is an epilogue to Operation: Phoenix?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Well, not really, but I would say it's a nice tie-in with that OP. I noticed ''Time Bomb'', also mentions Casefiles #5 Edge of Destruction.

I found it interesting that only the Tom Swift series is listed at the beginning, and there's a summary for the next Tom Swift at the back and only mentioned the Casefiles on back flap, even though the book was a crossover between those two series.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on October 08, 2008, 01:32:24 AM
Well, not really, but I would say it's a nice tie-in with that OP. I noticed ''Time Bomb'', also mentions Casefiles #5 Edge of Destruction.

I found it interesting that only the Tom Swift series is listed at the beginning, and there's a summary for the next Tom Swift at the back and only mentioned the Casefiles on back flap, even though the book was a crossover between those two series.

Yeah, a lot of us have found it weird how S&S didn't put in a plug for Casefiles #67 Lethal Cargo.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

I've read Alien Factor, and altough I saving the review for my site, I've read better Casefiles. I did think it was a good book, but I wouldn't call it one of "One of the Top Hardy Boys Books to date".

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?