Simon & Schuster's Hardy Boys Adventures page

Started by Lungbarrow, July 13, 2012, 12:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay- cool. It's been a while since I've read either of those books, but I remember The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge better than The Four-Headed Dragon right now.....(both good books, by the way- but the latter was definitely not what I was expecting as little kid.......)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I just hope they aren't swearing like in the UB series. That turned me off. :o

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on January 30, 2013, 08:41:55 AM
Okay- cool. It's been a while since I've read either of those books, but I remember The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge better than The Four-Headed Dragon right now.....(both good books, by the way- but the latter was definitely not what I was expecting as little kid.......)

I like 'em both, too. ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

Bonekrushur

I feel like I've been left hanging after the first book.  Maybe it's part of a bigger plan to gradually tie things up in later books?
Weathermen...we may get it wrong occasionally, but we still keep our job, and you still tune in the next night!

MacGyver

I suppose you mean after the first book's chapter preview? Or have you already read the new book somehow?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bonekrushur

No, the whole book.  I just got the first and second at Books-a-million in Goldsboro, NC last night.  I haven't read the second yet.
Weathermen...we may get it wrong occasionally, but we still keep our job, and you still tune in the next night!

MacGyver

Oh wow- they must have put out the books a little bit early then. I've seen some bookstores do that sometimes- but technically, those books aren't supposed to release until Tuesday. Thanks for the heads-up on that though- now I'll have to go check my local Books-A-Million. :)
And to answer your question- the second book follows up from the first, from what I understand. Let us know what you think when you get through both of them. :) 8)

Bonekrushur

Okay, that makes me feel better and more excited about going on to #2.  I know this store has been awful the last few years about keeping stock.  Someone else apparently has been getting the books before I do, and they won't order any more for a long, long time.  I just happened to stop by to see if I could get that last super mystery #6, which, of course, they still haven't got, and I happened to see these two.  I guess I need to check early from now on.

MacGyver

I usually find Barnes&Noble to be much better about having books in on their release date. Thus, I was somewhat shocked to find the new Hardy Boys books at my local Books-A-Million today! So I went ahead and got the first two in the series as well as the first two in the Nancy Drrew series. They only had paperback though- no hardback yet. Still, it was exciting to get the new series. And I flipped through HBA #2 and I saw that Iola shows up! Yay! I know I don't like everything in this series already- but I'm still excited to read these soon. :) 8)

Bonekrushur

As I've gone through the second book, I feel a whole lot better about the storyline and how things are progressing.  There's the continuity and it seems things have settled down a bit.  I'm still not fully understanding of the so-called "Deal" thing, but to give a hint, I don't think that will be as much of an issue as it was to start.  Oh, and you're right, I feel a lot better to see some old friends show up.  It may just be the impression I got, but the second seemed to show a few more glimpses of the old Hardys we love.

MacGyver

Thanks for the update- sounds good. That makes me feel a bit better about the series. I can't wait to read both books as soon as I can. :)

tomswift2002

Well I pre-ordered my copies on Friday.  I stopped into my local Coles, so while they had the newest Star Trek book (Allegiance In Exile), they didn't have either Hardy Boys book in either format.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I just wanted to make a quick observation here that may not be all that big of a deal, but anyways....
I've noticed that this series is actually officialled called "Hardy Boys Adventures"- it's interesting that this series does not have the traditional "The" in the front.
However, on early cover art, it was in place:

I just thought it was interesting to note that this is the first Hardy Boys series to not be called "The Hardy Boys", but rather- "Hardy Boys Adventures".

Judah-Ben-Hur

The "The" is missing??? MacGyver, do you by chance have yours yet? and if so, is it hardcover?

Jennifer Fisher is reporting that the Nancy Drew Dairies volumes have dust jackets, I'm assuming the Hardy Boys do as well?
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Yeah, I got books 1 and 2 of both The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew series- and they're all paperback. I haven't seen the hardbacks yet.