Crawling with Zombies Preview

Started by SkyWarp, August 17, 2010, 12:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Papercutz has given a short preview of the upcoming Hardy Boys graphic novel, Crawling with Zombies, due out this fall.

NancyDrew

It's interesting looking enough. I really liked the old ones so I wonder what exactly will change. I have a cutout from a scene in my purse from the other ones. lol (It was a color copy. Not the real thing. ;))

Bigfootman

Quote from: NancyDrew on August 17, 2010, 05:04:34 PM
It's interesting looking enough. I really liked the old ones so I wonder what exactly will change. I have a cutout from a scene in my purse from the other ones. lol (It was a color copy. Not the real thing. ;))
There seems to be more action then in the other GNs.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Looks pretty sweet. I'm glad to see chums like Chet and even Belinda show-up in the first book.

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on August 17, 2010, 06:02:13 PM
There seems to be more action then in the other GNs.

Plus, new writer, new size, new price. And starting in book two, Break-Up, a new direction.

MacGyver

Looks pretty cool. Is Belinda an UnderCover Brothers' character?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Q

Yes, she and Brian are from the Undercover Brothers world.

NancyDrew

Quote from: SDLagent on August 18, 2010, 01:26:10 AM
Looks pretty sweet. I'm glad to see chums like Chet and even Belinda show-up in the first book.

Plus, new writer, new size, new price. And starting in book two, Break-Up, a new direction.

That's my fav. part. They started with that in the original GN but they were pretty much eliminated right after. I miss their friends and their interactions. I mean, how can they even have friends if they never see them?!!

Q

Don't forget that the books are about their cases, not their normal life.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Scourge on August 18, 2010, 12:33:32 PM

But still, for close to 80 years the other Hardy Boys series managed to have a good balance of both.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Also, notice the car from Word-Up. Looks like this series will have strong continuity with Lobdell's series.

MacGyver

That would definitely be cool. Though I do wonder if Frank and Joe will branch out from ATAC at some point or if every case will be ATAC assigned as usual?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Or maybe just one of them will leave ATAC. Now that would be interesting.

MacGyver

Okay- here we go. Just going by personalities, I would almost have to say it would be Joe to go off alone and Frank would be the dogmatic one who stands by ATAC. But I don't know- they each could have personal reasons for doing something like that. Yes- that certainly would be an interesting twist.

tomswift2002

Plus there's that little thing about Nancy Drew's series possible being connected to the new "Casefiles".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NancyDrew

Quote from: Scourge on August 18, 2010, 12:33:32 PM

Well with the amount of cases they solve, they clearly have no life outside of this. Solve case -- here's a new one! 

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 19, 2010, 05:17:04 PM
Plus there's that little thing about Nancy Drew's series possible being connected to the new "Casefiles".

Well that just made me even more excited about this! :D