Spin Offs

Started by 003Robin457, July 05, 2009, 10:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If S&S made a Hardy Boys spin off what would you like to see? (See the descriptions below)

Fenton
6 (30%)
The Mortans
4 (20%)
The Hardy Cousins
5 (25%)
Agents of ATAC
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: 003Robin457 on July 05, 2009, 10:12:32 PM
Fenton- Books takeing place before the seris, about Fenton's past. Featuring him on the NYPD and meeting Laura.

The Mortans- Can Iola and Chet solve their own mysterys?

The Hardy Cousins- A seris about the children  of Frank and Nancy and Joe and Iola.

Agents of ATAC- See how the rest of ATAC solves caes. Featuring a rotating cast of other ATAC agents.
A really cool idea!  ;D I'm going back and forth between Fenton and the Hardy Cousins (children of Frank/Callie and Joe/Iola)...I've got to think on it more and come back and vote.  :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

Judah-Ben-Hur

A series featuring Iola and Callie? or maybe a Special series (similar to Nancy Drew Super Mystery: Where's Nancy?) where the supporting cast takes over the main story.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

I think a cool spinoff series would be to see the Stratemeyer Syndicate do a version of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen- a huge crossover series that would regularly feature some of their prominent characters joining forces to solve particularly tough and special mysteries- or working together on a mission of some sort. I'm mainly thinking it could regularly feature Frank and Joe Hardy of course, Nancy Drew, Tom Swift, The Dana Girls, The Bobbsey Twins and The Happy Hollisters. And The Rover Boys should be included because it's the first of Edward Stratemeyer's series and apparently one of his favorites, since he actually personally wrote some of the stories. I'm not as familiar with some of the other series though I know there are a number of other lesser known ones- but a lot of other characters could be included with some perhaps just on a guest star basis or whatever- Bomba the Jungle Boy, Don Sturdy, Ted Scott, Linda Craig, Christopher Cool, Kay Tracey, X Bar X Boys, The Radio Boys, The Radio Girls, The Moving Picture Boys, The Motor Boys, The Motor Girls, The Outdoor Girls, Baseball Joe, Air Service Boys and tons others to choose from.
     I'm not sure if Honey Bunch would quite fit the motif but she might could make a cameo somewhere (lol- nowadays, I think people might see the name and think of Honey Boo Boo mistakenly- definitely quite different.) And sadly, I'm afraid The Y.M.C.A. Boys might give people the wrong idea too if they mistake them for The Village People boys....
         Anyway- it would probably never happen but it could make for a really neat series, either as a book series or even in comic books. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Judah-Ben-Hur

THat would be interesting! Tom swift and Dana are most likely since they're the only other SS characters used so far this century.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Yeah, that's true. At least the comic book series did a Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys crossover before Papercutz ended its run on The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew (at least for the moment, anyway.) That's the first time that's happened in comic book form, as far as I know. And Nancy Drew had a crossover with the Dana Girls in the comics too and it was fun to read that. Too bad Tom Swift didn't get to do a crossover with either The Hardys or Nancy... Maybe the new Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew series that are starting soon might decide to do a crossover of some sort- you never know.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"