Graphic Novel #14: Haley Danelle's Top Eight!

Started by SkyWarp, March 03, 2008, 05:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia

Quote from: Bigfootman on October 06, 2008, 06:23:18 PM
I'm lucky I have interlibary loans. So I can get good Hardy Boys books like the casefiles, all they have over here are UBs

Same here. I'm fairly certain that all the CFs disappeared 10 years ago from all my libraries. Probably not too soon after they stopped publishing them.

Okay, they do have the Originals, a few Digests, and the Graphic Novels. But whatev.

Q

Once I went to a library and they had about 40 casefiles. Unfortunately that was the first time I had heard of the casefiles so I only read about 15 of them.

tomswift2002

You also have to remember that aside from the first 10 Casefiles, the entire Casefiles series was issued in paperback.  So it may be that over the course of the past 5+ years libraries have found that the Casefile books have just started falling to pieces and have had to throw the books out because there were pages or whole chapters missing and no easy way to get new copies of the books.  Or the libraries have sold off their collections of Casefiles book by book, since as sometimes a book will get to the point where the library feels that it doesn't have the resources to keep repairing it, but the all the pages are there so they'll discard it and put it in their sale areas.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: 003Robin457 on September 17, 2008, 05:29:53 PM
The kids they help look way younger than F&J. No we don't find out there age all we know is they are in high school.

I agree the kids' age is very strange. They're soppused to be in high school, but they're way smaller then the Hardy boys, and Frank even calls Haley, "little girl" at one point. Very strange.

003Robin457