Graphic Novel #14: Haley Danelle's Top Eight!

Started by SkyWarp, March 03, 2008, 05:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Was in the bookstore today, they don't have it yet. Should get it in about a week.

tomswift2002

The Coles in my area only got in The Ocean of Osyria back in 2005, otherwise they don't get any of the new graphic's for the shelves.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

I just received Haley Danelle's Best Eight today.  Not as good as The Opposite Numbers but still it was better than most graphic's since, aside from some grumbling from the boys (just like they did in A Hardy Day's Night) about not having ATAC technology, there was no mention of ATAC.

Rating: B-
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Q

They only mentioned Atac gadgets once in A Hardy Day's Night!

SDLagent

Still haven't recived this one. Have to contact the bookstore.

003Robin457

What I found wierd about the book is all the kids whent to High School yet looked so young. Must be Freshmen. Some Freshmen at my school are so tiny they look like they are 9 or 10! :o

tomswift2002

Don't forget that this series relies very heavily on the Japanese Anime type of drawing.  If you remember the TV series Sailor Moon, a lot of the characters looked like they weren't much older than 17/18, even though characters like Darien were suppose to be in their early to mid 20's.

003Robin457

You have a point but I never watched much anime.
Ive only seen:
Transformers: Energon
Teen Titans (1/2 anime, 1/2 triditional Bruce Tim)
Batman Gotham Knight
I plan to see
Speed Racer
Megaman NT Warior

I still think they are fish!

SDLagent

Do they look younger then Frank and Joe? Also do we find out Frank and Joe's age in this one?

003Robin457

The kids they help look way younger than F&J. No we don't find out there age all we know is they are in high school.

SDLagent

003Robin457

JoeHardyRocks

They don't have it at my Library or my bookstore! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Bigfootman

I'm lucky I have interlibary loans. So I can get good Hardy Boys books like the casefiles, all they have over here are UBs

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457