2012 Book Club Schedule

Started by tomswift2002, November 07, 2011, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixz15

okay then.....
I'll jump in.
January - Katie Dead on Arrival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #23)
February - AlwaysAJoefan Danger Zone (Hardy Boys Casefiles #37)
March - MacGyver Extreme Danger (Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers, #1)
April - tomswift2002 Final Gambit (Hardy Boys Casefiles #62)
May -  Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #29)
June - Top Ten ways to die(Hardy boys undercover Brother, #8
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

trixz15

as well as...yo tell me about what exactly are we suppose to discuss abt

MacGyver

Basically just offer a review of the book- maybe what was your favorite part of the book, what made you unable to put it down for a second, what could have been done better- whatever else. Your general impression of the book and why you think it was worth reviewing. Perhaps some significant events in the book, particularly if it's something revealed about Frank and Joe that we didn't previously know. (without being too spoilers-ish, of course.)  Anything like that.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Okay- just 6 more slots open. Anyone else wanting to grab another month? I'll take another slot if necessary, but I'd prefer to let different members have each month if possible...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

Question.  How are these discussed?  Just within the forums?  Has anyone thought about doing a video cam discussion or audio discussion. 

I am trying to figure out how much interest there might be in doing a Google+ Hangout on the Hardy Boys Encyclopedia Google+ Page, and this seems like a great place to possible try one out. 

5-10 people Discussing one of the books each month via web cam.  Thoughts?  I don't want to change up what everyone is doing here as I certainly have not really been a participant, so if you don't like this idea or most of you do not have webcams, that is fine. 

Vote away in the Poll in the webmasters section about your web cam use to give me an idea on at least people's use of web cams.

MacGyver

Not a bad idea, though I think there could be some concerns with it. Primarily we've just been creating a new thread for each month and book though.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on December 06, 2011, 08:10:35 PM
Not a bad idea, though I think there could be some concerns with it. Primarily we've just been creating a new thread for each month and book though.

It would be one thing if we all knew each other in real life, but since we don't. It's a no for me. There could be real concerns with it. My parents would not be happy if I did that! >:(

Olivia

Even though it's a little far away, I guess I can be put down for July. I just need a little time to decide on a book.

July - Olivia

tomswift2002

So August to December 2012 are still open. 

I'll put my name down again for December.

December - tomswift2002 Time Bomb, A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller

(Do we maybe three people up to leading the discussion on one of the titles in the Operation: Phoenix trilogy, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2012, between, oh, September and November?)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Santa Claus on December 18, 2011, 08:49:20 PM
So August to December 2012 are still open. 

I'll put my name down again for December.

December - tomswift2002 Time Bomb, A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller

(Do we maybe three people up to leading the discussion on one of the titles in the Operation: Phoenix trilogy, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2012, between, oh, September and November?)

I own all three of those books. Do you want me to do the first one?

MacGyver

The Operation: Phoenix trilogy would be sweet! I'll be happy to grab one of those if we need someone to double up for the year... :) 8)

tomswift2002

Quote from: Temporary Schedule for August to December
January - Katie Dead on Arrival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #23)
May -  Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #29)
July - Olivia TBA
August -
September - Operation Phoenix #1 Endangered Species -
October - Operation Phoenix #2 No Mercy -
November - Operation Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation -
December - tomswift2002 Time Bomb,  A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller.

Well the "doubling up" time opened on December 1.  So if Mistletoe wants to do Operation: Phoenix #1: Endangered Species in September then MacGyver you could have your pick of No Mercy or The Phoenix Equation

Of course do you guys want the discussion starting in August, and then having a month (November) between The Phoenix Equation and Time Bomb (since TB acts like an epilogue to the whole trilogy) with someone else leading a discussion on another book or would you rather go through all three Phoenix books plus TB during the last four months and have the last unconnected book in August by someone else?  Or if there are others who would like to discuss different books during those months who haven't already signed up, let us know.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I'll do Operation: Phoenix #1: Endangered Species if you want.

MacGyver

If Time Bomb serves as an epilogue to the trilogy, then I'd rather have all 4 books together if possible. And I'll be happy to take on No Mercy and let someone else grab The Phoenix Equation.
Then if someone will just take that August slot, we'll be set. Maybe an original or one of the Digests might be nice to add a little more variety and that way give us a title from pretty much all the different Hardy Boys continuities...

tomswift2002

July - Olivia TBA
August -
September - Mistletoe - Operation Phoenix #1 Endangered Species
October - MacGyver - Operation Phoenix #2 No Mercy
November - ???? - Operation Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation 
December - tomswift2002 Time Bomb,  A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller

So here's the schedule so far.  August is still open and November is open for someone to lead the discussion on Operation Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation.