Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Mystery #6

Started by Bigfootman, November 05, 2011, 10:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

A 6th Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys crossover book title Stage Fright, is due to be released July 10, 2012 according to Amazon.com.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Hm. Untitled. I wonder if it'll disappear like the last UB book.

MacGyver

Interesting- it may be the last gasp for the series or just disappear off the listings eventually as SDLAgent said...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

By the way, Amazon has it listed with 176 pages.

I was also wondering if anyone knows if the Nancy Drew: Girl Detective series is supposed to be ending as The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers series evidently seems to be doing soon. Perhaps if the NDGD series was still running, I could see a reason to continue with the Supermystery ('07) series, though it would seem awkward without the accompanying HBUB series running too...
But maybe someone already had a fantastic story already plotted out for the book and they didn't want to waste it so they figured they may as well publish one last one for the series before it ends as well...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Nancy Drew Girl Detective is also ending, with Nancy Drew Diaries suppose to replace it in 2013.  (I posted this in another forum a little while ago.)

But, if you think back to when the Nancy Drew Files and Hardy Boys Casefiles ended in December 1997 and January 1998, respectively, the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 series continued for two more books after it's two spin-off series had ended: Operation: Titanic (February 1998) & Process of Elimination (April 1998).  But considering that with the 88 series the books came out every 3 or 4 months (or at the end every 2 months), it was natural to see the last two books published so close together.  But I don't think we'll see a #7 for the '07 series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

QuoteNancy Drew Girl Detective is also ending, with Nancy Drew Diaries suppose to replace it in 2013.  (I posted this in another forum a little while ago.)

Oh, okay- I forgot about that. Hmm- Nancy Drew Diaries? If we're taking that literally, the first thing I'm thinking is- "More 1st. person narrating"....  :-\

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 08, 2011, 01:29:14 PM
Oh, okay- I forgot about that. Hmm- Nancy Drew Diaries? If we're taking that literally, the first thing I'm thinking is- "More 1st. person narrating"....  :-\

I like the first person narrating. But it can get rather confusing in the HB's when there's a misprint of whose saying what. :-\

MacGyver

Definitely- it's an interesting idea of writing all in 1st. person and in the case of The Hardy Boys, having both Frank and Joe alternate between narrating the story. (But when the narrator is incorrectly identified, that makes it confusing.) Nancy Drew doesn't have that issue usually- outside of one of the Supermysteries (#1 I think) where she has gone missing and George and Bess are narrating, I think...
   Anyway, I also find it a bit weird to read 1st. person from the opposite gender's viewpoint. But I can understand how it draws readers in and helps them even further identify with the characters as they are reading it as if the adventures are happening to them.
But for the most part, 3rd. person works just fine for me. Of course, either one would be better than 2nd. person- now that is just awkward, he says. ;)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 08, 2011, 03:50:34 PM
Definitely- it's an interesting idea of writing all in 1st. person and in the case of The Hardy Boys, having both Frank and Joe alternate between narrating the story. (But when the narrator is incorrectly identified, that makes it confusing.) Nancy Drew doesn't have that issue usually- outside of one of the Supermysteries (#1 I think) where she has gone missing and George and Bess are narrating, I think...
   Anyway, I also find it a bit weird to read 1st. person from the opposite gender's viewpoint. But I can understand how it draws readers in and helps them even further identify with the characters as they are reading it as if the adventures are happening to them.
But for the most part, 3rd. person works just fine for me. Of course, either one would be better than 2nd. person- now that is just awkward, he says. ;)

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

MacGyver

SDLagent

I think first person works better for Nancy Drew than it does for The Hardy Boys.

MacGyver

Is that mainly because it's generally only Nancy narrating in her books versus Frank and Joe narrating in theirs? Or something else?

SDLagent

Yeah. Switching between bros can be confusing.

MacGyver

Agreed- which is why I hope they go back to a more traditional 3rd. person writing style that's much easier to understand...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on November 09, 2011, 09:05:37 AM
Agreed- which is why I hope they go back to a more traditional 3rd. person writing style that's much easier to understand...

I like the first person style of writing as long as it's done without mistakes. ::)