What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I wish they would re-release the Hardy Boys Casefiles and Supermysteries in ebook format.

MacGyver

I recently picked up a copy of Choke Hold, #51 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles- the UK reprint version. [i.e. the 1999 one; not the funky UB hybrid version. That volume would be really interesting to find just for the weirdness of the whole thing.]  :) 8)
I wasn't terribly worried about getting these for my collection, but since I happened to find one at random at a used bookstore, I was happy to grab it up.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 02, 2016, 08:13:25 AM
I recently picked up a copy of Darkness Falls, #89 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles- the UK reprint version. [i.e. the 1999 one; not the funky UB hybrid version. That volume would be really interesting to find just for the weirdness of the whole thing.]  :) 8)
I wasn't terribly worried about getting these for my collection, but since I happened to find one at random at a used bookstore, I was happy to grab it up.

Are there UK spellings?

MacGyver

Not that I can tell- I think it's the same text printing as the American version.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

I just got #16 of The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel called SHHHHHHH.

MacGyver

SkyWarp

The Tower Treasure with new cover and #140 Slam Dunk Sabotage.

MacGyver

Cool! I haven't gotten any of the new cover re-releases yet, but I might like to pick up The Secret of the Old Mill at some point (as that's about the only one that I really like pretty well.) :)
So I take it this means they're already in stores now? I will have to look for them.

SkyWarp

Quote from: MacGyver on May 10, 2016, 07:21:12 AM
So I take it this means they're already in stores now? I will have to look for them.

I got mine from Amazon, so I can't vouch for any particular store.

MacGyver

Oh, okay. I'll have to check Barnes & Noble next time I get over there. It's always nice to actually see the books sitting for sale on the bookshelves...but sadly, that seems to be a rarer thing nowadays....

tomswift2002

I got my new cover books from Chapters-Indigo.ca.  When I asked at the store, the sales person told me that the books will probably be available on the shelf in the big Chapters - Indigo box stores in Ottawa and Toronto.  But in the Coles mall outlets, again probably in Ottawa and Toronto you'll see them (maybe not all four, but one or two), but in the rural regions the books will probably be only available online.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Hardy Sleuth

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

SkyWarp

#160 A Game Called Chaos

The price on the back of the book says $9.95 ($11.99 CA).   That sounds awfully expensive for a paperback. 

MacGyver

Wow- that can't be right. I bought that book when it released and I'm pretty sure it didn't cost quite that much. I hope that's a typo and not the current price for Hardy Boys books.