Would you hang out with Frank and Joe?

Started by JoeHardyRocks, July 07, 2009, 08:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you lived in Bayport, would you hang out/be friends with Frank and Joe?

Definetly
17 (63%)
No
0 (0%)
Just Frank
1 (3.7%)
Just Joe
2 (7.4%)
Only their friends
0 (0%)
F,J, and their friends
7 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Frank rules on July 30, 2009, 04:55:27 PM
Ah, yes. But you forget, Frank and Joe are both inexplicably horrible liars and excuse-makers.

So if one of your friends was always saying they had to go somewhere, you would automatically assume they were part of a detective agency?
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Frank rules

That's just it. They don't just say that they have to go somewhere. The excuses just get harder and harder to believe in each story. I remember vividly from Operation Survival when they got the next case in a pizza box. When Chet asked for some, they said no because they had to check it first. Then they took the whole box into the bathroom. You're telling me that you wouldn't be suspicious of something if your friend took a pizza box into a bathroom and wouldn't even let you look at the pizza?

SDLagent

I wouldn't think they were secret agents, but I would think...something.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Frank rules on July 30, 2009, 06:25:56 PM
That's just it. They don't just say that they have to go somewhere. The excuses just get harder and harder to believe in each story. I remember vividly from Operation Survival when they got the next case in a pizza box. When Chet asked for some, they said no because they had to check it first. Then they took the whole box into the bathroom. You're telling me that you wouldn't be suspicious of something if your friend took a pizza box into a bathroom and wouldn't even let you look at the pizza?

Actually, it says

"Then Vijay Patel showed up in the caf with a pizza in one of those red pizza-warmer bags. He headed right over to our table and put the pie in front of me. "You ordered pizza?" Chet burst out. "You can't order pizza here." He turned to Joe. "Can you?" "The principal ordered it for him." Vijay explained. "Some new thing where every month the top student gets a pizza for lunch. My boss' donating. One topping only. No soda." Patels' lying skills are impressive, I thought. I knew his boss hadn't made any donation to the school. Patel didn't even really work at a pizza place. Pizza delivery guy is just a cover for him. He's ATAC, like me and Joe. That's American Teens Against Crime....... There's more here, but it doesn't have anything to do with this....... "Enjoy bestest boy in school,." Vijay gave a half-salute along with a half-smirk, then walked away. My heartbeat accelerated a little. Joe and I were about to get our next assignment. That never stops feeling exciting. "I need to hit the bathroom." I told Joe. Joe immediatly stood up. "Me too." He grabbed the pizza box. "You're taking the pizza?" Chet complained. "Sometimes there's a line for the bathroom" Joe answered. "And waiting makes me hungry."  It was a dumb sounding excuse. But Joe and I couldn't open that box in front of Chet"

I would be suspicious, but they didn't say they had to check it. Even though both excuses are really dumb.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

HB@1718

I pick just Joe. Then I could be his girlfriend.

Hardy Man

Quote from: LIGHTS on July 30, 2009, 05:43:45 PM
People seem to generally believe them in the UBs. I think... ::)
What does that tell you about most people in the UBs?

Jokerette

Quote from: Hardy Man on September 27, 2009, 02:34:45 PM

that they are not suspicious and they're honest.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Jokerette

I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Olivia

Quote from: Hardy Man on September 27, 2009, 02:34:45 PM

Quote from: RevWolfX on September 30, 2009, 08:51:43 AM
that they are not suspicious and they're honest.

Yup, I was going to say:

Either they?re dumb or they trust Frank and Joe enough to take them at face value, even with strange excuses. I?m leaning towards the latter.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Olivia on October 01, 2009, 06:39:18 PM
Yup, I was going to say:

Either they?re dumb or they trust Frank and Joe enough to take them at face value, even with strange excuses. I?m leaning towards the latter.

Of course, I'd somehow be drug into it, too. ;D At last they're EMTs in the UB's, though! ;D ;) 8)

AlwaysAJoefan

My answer is definitely. Although, I'd probably hang out more with Joe. We could throw a football to each other.
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 09, 2011, 02:26:01 PM
My answer is definitely. Although, I'd probably hang out more with Joe. We could throw a football to each other.

That's a good one! :)

MacGyver

Of course I would hang out with Frank and Joe and their friends!  :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

MacGyver

Well, it seems like it's kind of a package deal- if you like Frank and Joe, then you ought to like their friends too.  ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"