June 2010 Book Club Discussion: The House on the Cliff

Started by SDLagent, June 17, 2010, 02:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of The House on the Cliff?

5 stars - great
1 (33.3%)
4 stars - good
2 (66.7%)
3 stars - average
0 (0%)
2 stars - below average
0 (0%)
1 star - horrible
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: July 19, 2010, 11:42:48 PM

MacGyver

Exactly. What about all those times where the Hardy Boys are sitting in history class at school or eating lunch at home or stopping off at the restroom? I can just picture a cover when Frank leaning up against the wall next to the school restroom waiting on Joe- "The Mystery of the Mundane Monday (or How Much of the Mystery MeatLoaf did Joe Eat, For Crying Out Loud?)"
Not sure it would be the best marketing manuever out there- but it would be different.

(I'll have to go ahead and apologize now for giving in to a little bit of gross out humor there- of course, the cover wouldn't and shouldn't have anything graphic- the thought of a non-action scene like that for a cover just cracked me up though.) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Mattie

They do give way too many unnecessary details though.

SDLagent

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on September 02, 2010, 01:27:47 AM
Exactly. What about all those times where the Hardy Boys are sitting in history class at school or eating lunch at home or stopping off at the restroom? I can just picture a cover when Frank leaning up against the wall next to the school restroom waiting on Joe- "The Mystery of the Mundane Monday (or How Much of the Mystery MeatLoaf did Joe Eat, For Crying Out Loud?)"
Not sure it would be the best marketing manuever out there- but it would be different.

(I'll have to go ahead and apologize now for giving in to a little bit of gross out humor there- of course, the cover wouldn't and shouldn't have anything graphic- the thought of a non-action scene like that for a cover just cracked me up though.) ;D

LOL Well, obviously a more dangerous or intriguing cover will help the book get read, purchased, etc...But it seems that the artists would have more to work with than just one scene. Sometimes the scene isn't even depicted that way in the story.

Different...and funny..especially to us Hardy fans. It's like seeing the other side....all heroes have to do normal things at some point, right?

Maybe the story could be like a documentary about "a day in the life" where someone follows them around...and it just so happens to be a "boring" day. lol It would be funny to read someone else's comments or POV on Frank and Joe...as well as learn more about what the canons leave out. Obviously this would work more in fan fic than big publishing. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"