Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

However, this might be more interesting- ABC's Fall 1978 preview special (Part 1) [here's Part 2], which hopefully features Season 3 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, which of course, at that point, would just be known as The Hardy Boys.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 04, 2012, 09:20:47 AM
No problem- I've been kind of on a hunt for any more information on either the cartoon or '70s show (or other media productions for that matter.)

Since I'm a serious fan of the Hardy Boys and cartoons/animation, when I first found out online about a Hardy Boys cartoon, it caught my interest immediately and the cool cels and songs and clips from it fascinate me. ;D

Another friend of mine has the Season 1 and Season 2 DVD sets of the 70s TV series and we've watched some of the episodes so far. :)

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on May 04, 2012, 03:19:06 PM
I believe that's from Once Upon a Texas Train, which happens to be awesome. :D ;D

Kristy, you must be a Shaun Cassidy expert! :)

Quote from: MacGyver on May 07, 2012, 02:12:15 PM
I know I posted a page of this site in another thread somewhere, but anyway- I'll post it again here. There are some good screen captures from both the Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show. :) 8)

Looking forward to checking this out and the clip of the cartoon - thanks, MacGyver! :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

You're welcome, Hardy Sleuth. I appreciate your enthusiasm for all things Hardy Boys (including the various media productions and spinoff items.) :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on May 11, 2012, 02:13:35 AM
Kristy, you must be a Shaun Cassidy expert! :)

Just a little. Plus, the movie was a spin-off from the two Over-The-Hill-Gang films, which I love. ;D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

Interesting Hardy Boys blog that I saw posted somewhere else- I think it's in French, but it seems to have book covers from all over the world- and a few things related to the '70s TV show. Interesting blog to look at for The Hardy Boys in general.

MacGyver

Toonarific.com has some good screencaptures from The Hardy Boys cartoon. :) 8)

MacGyver

TV Guide ad for ABC's Fall 1970 Saturday morning lineup, which still included The Hardy Boys cartoon for its second season. :) 8)

MacGyver

MacGyver

You can find the picture in the previous post and the one above and a couple of other promotional photographs from the '70s show at this site.

MacGyver

Since I already posted an ad for just The Hardy Boys, here's an ad for just Nancy Drew, highlighting both components of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries :) 8)

MacGyver

I'm not sure who put this out, but it looks like a magazine devoted to The Hardy Boys (as a tie-in to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries it looks like)- issue #2. Given the 40 pence price on the cover, I have an idea it was primarily a British publication, but it could've crossed to other countries too.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 11, 2012, 09:48:56 AM
You're welcome, Hardy Sleuth. I appreciate your enthusiasm for all things Hardy Boys (including the various media productions and spinoff items.) :) 8)

:) The Hardys are cool and it's so much fun getting to talk about everything with other true Hardy Boys fans. 8)

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on May 11, 2012, 10:21:30 AM

Just a little. Plus, the movie was a spin-off from the two Over-The-Hill-Gang films, which I love. ;D

You seriously know your stuff, Kristy! 8)

The blog will be fun to see what worldwide book covers it has displayed, I think it's great that Hardy Boys books are in many languages. 8) Cool seeing the cartoon screen captures and ad - and Toonarific - that's a site I'm going to check out more, since, as you know, I love cartoons. ;D Thanks, MacGyver! :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

You're welcome, Hardy Sleuth. I enjoy sleuthing around online for such interesting finds- and it's fun sharing it with other Hardy Boys fans so they can enjoy it too. :D

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on May 16, 2012, 12:30:09 AM
You're welcome, Hardy Sleuth. I enjoy sleuthing around online for such interesting finds- and it's fun sharing it with other Hardy Boys fans so they can enjoy it too. :D

It's very nice of you to share this cool stuff you find, it's appreciated! :) 8)

Quote from: MacGyver on May 14, 2012, 03:43:57 PM
TV Guide ad for ABC's Fall 1970 Saturday morning lineup, which still included The Hardy Boys cartoon for its second season. :) 8)

Look, Kristy, at what MacGyver found! 8) I'd love to get to watch "Will the Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down!" - that should be a funny show! 8) Maybe they will air it, along with the Hardy Boys cartoon ;D, on some channel we can all get! ;D

MacGyver

Wish granted. :) (At least partially- you can watch the opening theme song and closing theme song and a few bumper clips on Youtube. Hopefully someone will get this Filmation classic released to DVD someday soon too. There was a comic book series that ran based on Will The Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down as well- I've seen a few issues available at my local comic book shop before. :)