Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Don't forget to get your Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew T-shirts! :)

(ad commonly found in comic books in the late '70s- love the wording in the ad. Don't let anything stop you from getting one of these babies! And don't just buy one- buy several! ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

A pretty cool little book released in conjunction with The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries television show that actually offers quite a bit of good and cool information on the show, its history, actors and actresses, producers and creators and everyone else involved, etc.

(This is the later version that was released after Pamela Sue Martin had left the show and Janet Louise Johnson had taken on her role as Nancy Drew.)

tomswift2002

I've got a copy of the top cover and I see that one quite a bit.  I don't think the second cover had s many print runs since I've never seen it before but I had heard about the title change.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah, I've got the first one too. It'd be interesting to compare it with the later version. I would think the main changes would be to replace Pamela Sue Martin's information with an interview with Janet Louise Johnson. It might be cool to pick this up sometime as it may offer some updated insights into the show as it stood in early 1978.

tomswift2002

From what I'vebeen told, only the cover was changed to reflect the new title.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Hmm- then why bother to put Janet Louise Johnson's picture on the cover? This bears further investigation...

MacGyver

This was pretty cool! After church Sunday afternoon, I went out to an antique mall I'd been wanting to check out for a while- didn't find what I wanted really, unfortunately- but found a few smaller antiques places on the way. And in one of those, I found a Shaun Cassidy 45 record! :) 8)  So I now have "Joe Hardy" (from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries) singing That's Rock 'N' Roll on this single release. (I Wanna Be With You is the song on the B side.) It's not technically really related to the show or anything, but it is a song that he performed on the show and it was a cool and fun thing to find. (Unfortunately, I don't have the part I need in order for 45s to play correctly on my turntable, but maybe I can find a substitute...)
[quick update here- I was able to MacGyver a solution! ;) ;D :) 8)]

MacGyver

QuoteHmm- then why bother to put Janet Louise Johnson's picture on the cover? This bears further investigation...
Okay, I found a copy of that version of the book for sale here. The seller included a picture of one of the pages in the book- it looks like a replica of the first page of the first version of the book- but Janet Louise Johnson's picture has replaced that of Pamela Sue Martin's. I wonder if the rest of the content merely expands on the first version to include info on Johnson (which I would hope that is all it would do) or if it replaces the info on Martin altogether with info on Johnson alone.
     That particular copy is not in the best shape, but I would like to track down a copy eventually- I'm intrigued now.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on April 23, 2012, 03:14:14 AM
This was pretty cool! After church Sunday afternoon, I went out to an antique mall I'd been wanting to check out for a while- didn't find what I wanted really, unfortunately- but found a few smaller antiques places on the way. And in one of those, I found a Shaun Cassidy 45 record! :) 8)  So I now have "Joe Hardy" (from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries) singing That's Rock 'N' Roll on this single release. (I Wanna Be With You is the song on the B side.) It's not technically really related to the show or anything, but it is a song that he performed on the show and it was a cool and fun thing to find. (Unfortunately, I don't have the part I need in order for 45s to play correctly on my turntable, but maybe I can find a substitute...)

I've also got a Shaun Cassidy 45, Do You Believe In Magic/Teen Dream (Magic is "A" side, with Dream being the "B" side) that is a scarcer version of the single, since it's a White Label Promo Copy (I've also seen on Ebay a promo copy of "Magic" where both sides has the same song, but one version is in Mono and the other is in Stereo, since back in those days, if the 45 was being used by an AM radio station, they'd be broadcasting in Mono and would want the track mixed in Mono, but FM stations would play the Stereo version).

MacGyver

MacGyver

Here's a nice site detailing the voice actors for The Hardy Boys cartoon. Pretty cool to see pictures of the characters matched up to pictures of the voice actors and actresses. And the site has some really nice screen captures for the main characters of the show: Frank, Joe, Chubby (Chet), Pete and Wanda Kay.

MacGyver

I found some Filmation production cels from The Hardy Boys! :) 8)

MacGyver

MacGyver