Author Topic: Reading Levels?  (Read 32974 times)

Offline butyl

Reading Levels?
« on: June 24, 2007, 10:41:10 PM »
Hi,
I was wondering what reading level the Hardy Boys are.  I am trying to find some books for a boy about 11 years old.  what do you think?

Offline SDLagent

• et Milou.
  • Secretary of Defense
    • The Hardy Boys Wiki
Re: Reading Levels?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 01:51:07 PM »
The current series, The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, reading level is 8-12 and the original series is about the same and The Hardy Boys Casefiles are 12-15, I think.

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
    • Trevor Thurlow Productions - Video Production and Transfers
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »
Easiest way to find the reading levels is to look at the back of the books.  The classics don't have the reading levels printed on them, but they were written for a general audience, so the reading level would be around Grade 6 for those books.  The paperbacks published by Minstrel and Aladdin will have the information at the bottom right corner on the back of the book.  For example, The Blackwing Puzzle, the first printing by Wanderer books doesn't list a reading level, but then the Minstrel edition says RL: 6.7 (the book was never issued by Aladdin, but on the Aladdin it would say Ages 8-12).  A 6.7 would mean that the book wa written for a reading level of someone about 3/4 of the way through Grade 6 (roughly, someone who has been in Grade 6 from September to March/April).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Offline Centrion

• Silver Centurion
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 03:52:46 PM »
Also, the Clues Brothers wouldn't be to old, they may be even a bit young, depending on what tyoe of books your son likes.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe