Hardy Boys Adventures #14 - Attack of the Bayport Beast

Started by kosmicdust, July 01, 2016, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I still don't understand that. The Hardy Boys are not technically operating as amateur sleuths officially anymore- but now just as an undercover operation? So they're like The A-Team now? :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on March 01, 2017, 06:54:06 AM
I still don't understand that. The Hardy Boys are not technically operating as amateur sleuths officially anymore- but now just as an undercover operation? So they're like The A-Team now? :) 8)

You really need to read the first book to try to get the whole story, because in that book it was mentioned that a criminal had sued them for making a citizen's arrest, and to get the boys off the hook, a deal was worked out where Fenton Hardy would hand in his private investigator's license, and Frank and Joe would be banned from doing detective work, otherwise the boys would be shipped off to reform school.  So the Hardy's "retirement" comes from this Deal.  Which, looking back, was really a bad plot move for the author of Secret Of The Red Arrow
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Is Fenton Hardy also retired? Because if he's handed in his PI licence, how is the family making any money? Is Laura still a librarian as the graphic novels asserted? ......... Oh well- I haven't read the Adventures yet, but eventually I'll read at least the first title and understand it better- or not. ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"