"Ghost of The Hardy Boys" short story contest

Started by MacGyver, January 19, 2012, 06:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I ran across this at random and thought some younger members here might be interested- "Ghost of The Hardy Boys" short story contest!
It's sponsored by Haileybury Heritage Museum- and of course, Haileybury was Leslie McFarlane's hometown. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

Is it a Canadian contest? Because my sister and I tried to write a short story for a Nancy Drew contest, but they only allowed 1,000 words, but we could imrpove our story for this and make it longer. :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Hmmm- sorry, it does seem to be localized to certain areas in Canada-
Here's what it says on the linked PDF file-
There will be award categories for grades 3 to 12. The contest is open to young students in the municipalities of Temagami, Latchford, Cobalt, Earlton, Elk Lake, Charlton, Kerns, Englehart and Temiskaming Shores, and/or home-schooled in these areas.

I don't know if any members here are in that area and in the right age range or not, but I just thought I'd put it on here just in case. And if you're not in the right area but still in the right age range, you can always try writing them- you never know, they may be willing to take on an additional entry from outside the area.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

It appears to be just in South Western Ontario, west of Toronto.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca