Treasure on the Tracks Trailer

Started by SkyWarp, July 21, 2009, 06:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

Her Interactive has released a trailer for The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks Nintendo DS game, scheduled to ship in September 2009 to retail stores in the United States.

The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks -- Trailer

SDLagent

Thanks for posting. This is the second trailer isn't it?

SkyWarp

Quote from: SDLagent on July 21, 2009, 06:43:13 PM
Thanks for posting. This is the second trailer isn't it?

I don't know.  To be honest I haven't been keeping up with the DS game much as I don't have a DS.  But it does look interesting all the same.  And I haven't kept up on DS game prices, but $19.99 seems like a very reasonable price for a DS game. 

"Switch characters to play as a highly trained international female spy you meet along the way."

That line in the description of the game would really get me excited if we were thrown an easter egg of her name being "Charity".  I'd almost be convinced to go out and get a DS just for that special nod to the casefiles. 

FrankJoeATAC

19.99 is a really good price. Almost all of my DS games have costed 30.00.

JoeHardyRocks

I think ALL of the DS games we bought were $30.00.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

4567TME

Quote from: Stardust on July 22, 2009, 06:41:22 PM
I think ALL of the DS games we bought were $30.00.
Actually, it depends on the size and popularity of the distribution company.
Big companies like Nintendo and Sega's games cost up to $34.99.
Smaller companies like "Her Interactive" would sell lower, more like $16.99.
But since this game is oriented with Sega, it's $19.99
:) ;) :D ;D

Hardy Man

Can You say, "Mystery Train" anyone. Anyone. ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Man on September 27, 2009, 08:11:32 PM
Can You say, "Mystery Train" anyone. Anyone. ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Have you played it yet? 

I haven't played it, even though I've got the cartridge.  But if it's plot is similar to Mystery Train, then that would be twice that Her Interactive has used that book as the basis for a game featuring the Hardy Boys.  The first was Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon in 2005.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

I haven't played it yet. I just think that the producers of these games should start producing some originality in titles and game ideas. I mean, I would think that it is sort of bad for business to have a game based upon a book that everyone read years ago.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Man on September 27, 2009, 08:22:25 PM
I mean, I would think that it is sort of bad for business to have a game based upon a book that everyone read years ago.

Well, considering that the book has been out of print since the late 90's the producers might believe that that is the best Hardy Boys story to go after.

Of course, aside from Mystery Train, in the Hardy Boys Casefiles and Nancy Drew Files universe there was also the Hardy Boys Casefiles #57 Terror On Track, which has also been out of print since around 1997.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca