The Hardy Boys on a Killer Mission

Started by SDLagent, February 20, 2009, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The next Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers trilogy will be a Killer Mystery. Book one in the Killer Mystery mini series, ''Killer Mission'' has been revealed on Amazon.com. It is planned for a November 10, 2009 release, after the conclusion of the forthcoming Galaxy X trilogy.

SDLagent

According to Wikipedia, books one and two, will be entitled Private Killer and Killer Connections, respectfuly.

tomswift2002

More murder/killing stories?  Sounds like S&S is running on nothing for the series. 

Hopefully this "trilogy" will have a better story continuity or some sort of big gang, rather than just 1 bad guy per story with the three stories linked by just occurring at 1 location.

Also, I just checked Simon & Schuster and Simon & Schuster Canada.  The Canadian arm of S&S has Killer Mystery #1 listed as Killer Mission, while the American arm doesn't list anything.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 21, 2009, 10:08:22 AM
More murder/killing stories?  Sounds like S&S is running on nothing for the series. 

I know that's what I was thinking. Murder House and now Killer Mystery.

I'm hoping, for either this "Killer Mission" to kill the series, or that the book will be killer good. The name does sound promising, but I'm not getting my hope up - this is the UB after all.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on February 21, 2009, 12:30:04 PM
The name does sound promising, but I'm not getting my hope up - this is the UB after all.

Yeah, somehow I doubt that we are going to get a story that is in the Casefiles vein and deals with political assassins or some other type of "adult" murder and killing.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

I agree that the titles sound good (SDLagent) but I immediately thought of the overdone ?murder? aspect too (tomswift2002).

JHR, what are you saying ?puh-lease? to?

003Robin457

Quote from: SDLagent on February 20, 2009, 09:06:21 PM
According to Wikipedia, books one and two, will be entitled Private Killer and Killer Connections, respectfuly.
Private Killer? Sounds like an assassin.
Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on February 21, 2009, 07:07:05 PM
Oh my gosh, puh-lease.
What do you not like the title?

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on February 23, 2009, 12:05:22 PM
Private Killer? Sounds like an assassin.

I just checked wikipedia to see if I could find a link to where the authors of the article found the title, and I see that it lists Private Killer as #32 in the UB's, and #33 is listed as Killer Connections

But, considering that I found those two titles on the Wikipedia page for the Hardy Boys in general, and not on the page for the Undercover Brothers series, plus since there is no reference for those two titles, I would take those titles with a "grain of salt".

Bigfootman

Maybe a terrorist will blow up ATAC HQ, ending the UBs!  ;D Hey, I can dream!  8)

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

Remember this is the UBs we?re talking about.

If something like that were to happen it would be killing after killing starting with lower-level agents, eventually reaching Fenton Hardy.

Not that I?m condoning it.

SDLagent

Fenton Hardy would never be killed in the UB! Only total jerks no one cares about get killed in UB.

Olivia

True.

You know, catching these random 1-dimensional individuals is not so compelling. They should add some substance by having a conflicted bad guy for once so the situation is not so black-and-white. Or even having the Hardys cross paths with someone more than once.

The ?conflicted? bad guy part might be a little too complex for the UBs, though. They?d have to go deeper.

I only remember some girl (or whoever one of the bad guys was) in #16 Bayport Buccaneers got away so that sort of went against the norm. And I guess there?s that case in the Murder House trilogy with that girl who had issues.

P.S. Oh yeah, and if the HQ were to blow up ? who says they wouldn?t rebuild and/or come up with a new agency?

003Robin457

Quote from: Blondie on March 23, 2009, 02:49:36 PM
P.S. Oh yeah, and if the HQ were to blow up ? who says they wouldn?t rebuild and/or come up with a new agency?
A new agency called... the Network. Now woulden't that be Ironic?

Olivia