The Worst Casefiles

Started by Bigfootman, December 03, 2008, 06:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I still think it's all subjective, as it kind of depends on what level of action, danger and excitement each individual visualizes and expects- but fair enough. I think I'd probably have to reread the book before I could really comment on any of Cold Sweat's high and low points.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on September 29, 2010, 10:07:36 PM
What's so bad about "Cold Sweat"? I don't recall a whole lot about it, but I remember Frank and Joe solving a crime revolving around a new gym in Bayport and Chet Morton makes an appearance. I enjoyed it well enough, but I guess I just don't get that passionate about likes and dislikes on these books.
Chet and Joe were huge jerks in the book.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Just in general or toward specific people?...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on October 02, 2010, 11:13:28 AM
Just in general or toward specific people?...
Joe kept on trying to flirt with Chet's girlfreind, even when Chet was right beside her ::) . I don't entrly remember a lot about Chet's appearances in the book, as I read it a long time ago, except that he was mad at Joe for much of the first half at the book, I will admit he had a reason, but it got really annoying. It's been a while since I've read the book.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Yeah, I haven't read it in a while either, so I don't really remember a whole lot from it. Though you have to admit that Joe hitting on most every woman in sight is pretty much in character with his personality in the Casefiles- lol.  ;D(well, after Iola and before Vanessa, that is.) (Not that that wasn't still lame to be doing, especially with Chet standing right there though.)

JoeHardyRocks

I've read Cave Trap and Mission: Mayhem, which are both on this list but I didn't think that they were particularly bad..... I think True Thriller and Dead in the Water were worse than those.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Really? True Thriller had the Network and the Assasins involved- hard to rate any such book on a bad list. (Well, generally those are some of the coolest ones anyway.) Oh well- as I've said before, I'm not real good at picking favorites and unfavorites. I'm kinda biased being a huge fan of The Hardy Boys and all. ;)

JoeHardyRocks

Well last time I read it I stopped halfway through because it was too boring, I read the same half again today, and it's getting better for some reason...
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

Hmm- I don't think I've ever found any of The Hardy Boys books to be boring... oh well- glad you liked it better on the second time around. Some books are like that.

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on January 18, 2011, 05:40:33 PM
Hmm- I don't think I've ever found any of The Hardy Boys books to be boring... oh well- glad you liked it better on the second time around. Some books are like that.

There's been a few Hardys I haven't finished. Cave Trap was one of them.

MacGyver

There are very few books I've ever started reading that I never finished. I don't think I can say that for any of The Hardy Boys books. I suppose that's because I'm something of a completist so I wanted to be able to say that I had read all the books in the series. :)
But hey- if you don't like it, you don't have to force yourself to read it. That's okay- to each their own.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on January 19, 2011, 12:12:55 AM
There's been a few Hardys I haven't finished. Cave Trap was one of them.

At least I've been able to finish Cave Trap twice, even though it is tied with Survival Of The Fittest for Worst Casefile.  But the only Hardy Boys that I haven't been able to finish are Pushed & Gold Medal Murder from the Undercover Brothers series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I didn't care for Blood Sport. ::)

Mattie

I think that beyond the law, spiked, open season were a little boring

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on January 18, 2011, 04:08:38 PM
Really? True Thriller had the Network and the Assasins involved- hard to rate any such book on a bad list. (Well, generally those are some of the coolest ones anyway.) Oh well- as I've said before, I'm not real good at picking favorites and unfavorites. I'm kinda biased being a huge fan of The Hardy Boys and all. ;)

I'm the same. I have a hard time picking or putting down any HB Casefile book. UBs are different because they don't follow the older series' rules.

I might be the only one but I liked Cave Trap. Mostly because of the NEAR death experience for my Frank. They kinda dealt with it quickly but still! That was a big deal!

And Joe isn't always a huge flirt or really lame about it. Sometimes it's cute and not super annoying. :) Given his situation in the Casefiles though, he did have a lot to deal with. That's just how he did it. I don't remember him hitting on Chet's gf though...so I will have to read that one.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)