A question...

Started by AlwaysAJoefan, January 10, 2011, 06:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwaysAJoefan

How many Casefiles have Vanessa in them? I was just curious.  :)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

tomswift2002

I'm not quite sure, offhand.  But it is less than 60 (I would hazard a guess at around 35 or 40), since she only made her first appearance in #69 Mayhem In Motion.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

That sound about right. 40.

MacGyver

I checked through my books and here is what I found (I may have missed a passing reference here or there, but I think this is pretty accurate).
Vanessa Bender makes her first appearance in #69 Mayhem in Motion. From there, she shows up in 19 more books in The Hardy Boys Casefiles series and gets mentioned in at least 4 of them. So 20 appearances altogether and at least 4 mentions. In some books, here appearance is little more than a cameo, as is the case in The Pacific Conspiracy but in others she is more involved throughout the book with the case, like in Danger Unlimited. I will list them below and indicate where it's just a mention.

#69 Mayhem in Motion
#78 The Pacific Conspiracy
#79 Danger Unlimited
#80 Dead of Night
#81 Sheer Terror (mentioned only)
#83 Toxic Revenge
#84 False Alarm
#85 Winner Take All (mentioned only)
#90 Deadly Engagement (mentioned only)
#92 Sabotage at Sea
#96 Against All Odds
#97 Pure Evil
#98 Murder by Magic
#99 Frame-Up
#100 True Thriller
#102 Wrong Side of the Law
#103 Campaign of Crime
#104 Wild Wheels
#106 Shock Jock
#108 Blown Away (mentioned only)
#110 Bad Chemistry
#111 Competitive Edge
#123 High-Wire Act
#126 Fire in the Sky
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Our estimate was pretty off than. Good job, Mac.

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

No problem- I've had some time on my hands today 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"