What Have You Read? What's Your Favourites?

Started by Olivia, November 07, 2007, 04:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on July 20, 2008, 08:28:30 PM
I have read Danger Overseas and Terror on tour. I am thinking about getting Secret of the Nile. Was that a good book??? ???

Yeah, it is a good book, plus Frank Hardy and Nancy Drew and Joe Hardy and Bess Marvin tie the knot with Frank and Nancy becoming Mr & Mrs. Frank Hardy and Joe and Bess Mr. & Mrs. Joe Hardy.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

It sounds like a great book! Is it expensive or hard to find or anything? Because the cheapest one I saw was 14 dollars. :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Q

Have you notice that you are talking about the same subject on two different topics? ??? ???

Olivia

The Last Resort was really good. I'm surprised because I thought I wouldn't like it.

There's a good amount of "normal" stuff (which I like), a lot of Nancy/Frank, and great comedy. Ned also shows up, and I (surprisingly) like how he helps with the case.

The only thing that's a little weird was how Bess was portrayed. It's consistent from how she is in the other books in this universe, but it seemed to be a bit much sometimes.

I'm reading chronologically, with the exception of New Year's Evil, Secrets of the Nile, and the last two in the series which I've already read.

My favs so far (chronologically):

A Crime for Christmas
The Last Resort
Secrets of the Nile

Double Crossing and New Year's Evil are okay, too.

FrankJoeATAC

I've read Operation:Titanic, A Question of Guilt, Secrets of the Nile, and all of the '07 SMs.

tomswift2002

I've read all of the SuperMystery'88 series.  May favorites from that series are:

A Crime For Christmas
Shock Waves
The Last Resort
Mystery Train
Best Of Enemies
Tropic Of Fear
Spies and Lies
Desperate Measures
Hollywood Horror
Passport To Danger
Courting Disaster
Evil In Amsterdam
Target For Terror
Secrets of The Nile
Nightmare In New Orleans
Process Of Elmination
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

P. Walker

Double Crossings
Out of Control
At All Costs

It seems as if Ive read both The Paris Connection and The Last Resort but thats just becuase the covers look so familiar. Ive read the majority of the Casefiles/SuperMysteries as they were originally published so my memory is a bit fuzzy. Even so Ive been on a quest to collect the entire Casefiles/Files/SuperMysteries '88...and then busy myself with collecting the Originals for both ND and HB.

P. Walker

Quote from: P. Walker on March 27, 2012, 03:45:04 PM
Double Crossings
Out of Control
At All Costs

It seems as if Ive read both The Paris Connection and The Last Resort but thats just becuase the covers look so familiar. Ive read the majority of the Casefiles/SuperMysteries as they were originally published so my memory is a bit fuzzy. Even so Ive been on a quest to collect the entire Casefiles/Files/SuperMysteries '88...and then busy myself with collecting the Originals for both ND and HB.

forgot to mention that Ive read A Crime for Christmas. I recall someone biting into a piece of chocolate covered plastique. Thats the only thing I remember from the book so Im going to have to hunt it down and reread it.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Hardy Sleuth

Reading Secrets of the Nile right now. And the characters in the book, Frank and Nancy were supposed to be Mr. and Mrs. Cole Addison and Joe and Bess: Mr. and Mrs. Cooper Addison. They went through airport security as their cover identities, but they don't put on the fake wedding rings until they are on the plane. And also at that time they are looking at the bios of who they are supposed to be...

I feel the same way that Joe does about tours, I'd rather look around myself and not listen to boring speeches.
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Whoa! Cool! I'm reading Secrets of the Nile right now too! I'm at Chapter 3 and it's been great (as always) so far. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I have since read all of the Supermysteries books and this is by far one of my favourite series! :-)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

I haven't read the whole series, and there are several fan favourites I have not read, but here are my favourites and least favourites.

Favorites:
4. Best of Enemies
3. Mystery Train
2. Dead on Arrival
1. Process of Elimination

Least Favorites:
4. Hollywood Horror
3. Courting Disaster
2. Desperate Measures
1. Operation Titanic

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Though I am no good at picking favourites (I love them all!)- I would list Courting Disaster as one favourite just because I've been to the city it's set in- beautiful Charleston, SC in the USA. :) 8)
Islands of Intrigue is another one like that because I was blessed to be able to visit that book's setting in Athens, Greece as well. (In fact, I think I may have even been reading that book while I was there for that reason.)
   That is not something I can claim for many books. The Hardys and Nancy go to tons more places than I can afford to go. It is neat when I can compare the descriptions of places to reality and recognize things from having been there.  :) 8)

Maybe when I have time, I'll look through these books again and do a fuller list based more on the plots.