The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Found another interesting recycling arts and crafts type project for old beat-up and falling apart Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew, etc. book covers: book hooks! 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Okay- and here's a Hardy Boys book cover earrings project...
You know you've got a great girl when she's wearing The Secret of the Old Mill earrings! (original text cover no less) :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

MacGyver

And they have other books and merchandise to go with them. (Activity books based on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries TV show. And of course, the figures above are the 1978 Kenner dolls/action figures ;) of Frank and Joe Hardy. Too bad they never got one made for Nancy Drew- at least not that I know of.)

MacGyver

And one can't forget The Hardy Boys' mode of transportation- the trusty, sweet '70s van! :) 8)

MacGyver

And the latest in Hardy Boys fashion for the girls- the book cover purse!
Check out The Tower Treasure model.

Some more of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books here- http://www.flickr.com/photos/army_arch/3641256502/
and here- http://www.flickr.com/photos/army_arch/3640447589/in/photostream/
and http://www.flickr.com/photos/army_arch/3640445353/in/photostream/

MacGyver

And more Hardy Boys fashion- for girls and boys!
A photo cover T-shirt of The Mark on the Door

MacGyver

SDLagent

Those are all pretty sweet. But, I have to say, the earrings are my favourite. I'd be sooo into a girl with Hardy Boys earrings.

MacGyver

Olivia

Quote from: MacGyver on August 19, 2011, 02:50:54 PM
Here are some scans from a 1977 issue of Tiger Beat with pictures and articles on Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson and some appearances from Pamela Sue Martin as well.

Farrah Fawcett on the cover also caught my attention. She reminds me of Charlie's Angels and then Ryan O'Neil. (I'm not even going to get into what a so-called prince he is ::))

MacGyver

Not sure what this is necessarily based on, but here's a neat fan artwork of The Hardy Boys.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on September 16, 2011, 09:00:22 AM
Not sure what this is necessarily based on, but here's a neat fan artwork of The Hardy Boys.

That seems to be based on a puzzle that was issued in the late-1970's that I believe was suppose to depict a scene with Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson from The Mystery of The Haunted House.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah, that sounds about right...

hardygirl847

Great ideas!! I don't think I'd have the heart to do that to my books, but I LOVE it... Were they not for sale?? :(

And by the way, the purse was a little sad looking..IMO.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)