Calling All ATAC Fans!

Started by Jokerette, August 06, 2008, 05:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

It's like how a girl can act like a guy and be a tomboy, but if a guy acts like a girl it's gay. I don't know why that is that's just how it is.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

JoeHardyRocks

Well, whats wrong with Nancy Drew?
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

Unfortunately, it's a lot of times seen the way Negative Zone is talking about.

But I think if someone is secure enough, they could read ND. Not like you have to shout it from the rooftops or anything. There's a lot more worse "girl" books out there from a guy to read.

Anyways, the ND Originals are booooorrrrrrrring IMO. Not all of them, though. They focus a lot less on pointing out the "girl" factor (except for Bess sometimes). I think. But it's more about clues than action.

Also, the Girl Detective books have had less of the "girl" factor overall until lately.

But back to the thing we were talking about before. I don't think Nancy Drew was necessarily the Hardy Boys version for girls, but I think it was a companion piece somehow.

SDLagent

Quote from: Negative Zone on October 02, 2008, 07:35:49 PM
Guys reading Nancy Drew? Just straight up, not like a supermystery thing? That's gay

I guess I'm gay.

Bigfootman

I'm NOT GAY! Just because I like a decent book series does not mean I'm gay!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

I believe you two are secure enough to read them. Props to you!

bozonessinc

Ok, we can't be racist against gay people here, would that not break the conduct codes of using Hardy Boys Casefiles?

NZone

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 03, 2008, 02:15:37 PM
Ok, we can't be racist against gay people here, would that not break the conduct codes of using Hardy Boys Casefiles?

it would be kinda hard to be racist against gays, considering its not a race
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Q

For a long time I had about 20 ND orginals and 5 digests, but those Files are where I draw the line. I read a couple or so and welllllllllll I felt embarassed. Definately girl books.

bozonessinc

I guess there is not three genders.
It would be cool..
ya know

1. Gays
2. Males
3. Females

NZone

No, because whether or not you're gay has no impact on your gender

Olivia

Quote from: Q on October 04, 2008, 10:54:34 AM
For a long time I had about 20 ND orginals and 5 digests, but those Files are where I draw the line. I read a couple or so and welllllllllll I felt embarassed. Definately girl books.

Some of the Files (emphasis on some) are definitely very, very female-ish (sorry, didn't know how else to phrase that).

But most of the other ND series are more "safe" I think. Although a lot of the Files are okay too.

Would a third gender be, uh, those born as both or something? Okay, maybe I don't want to get into this.

bozonessinc

I was kidding, and I want to apoligize if I offended any members of the forum who are in the life Gay. But I mean you have to understand the gender thing is a joke. There is no difference between them and us!

NZone

I don't think anybody on this forum is gay, this forum is about a series of books, hence anyone on this forum should be smart, not gay. I am extremely politically correct I know.

bozonessinc

For your term of gay, how do you refer to it. Is it something that is wrong? Or would it be one man liking another?

If it is the second one, then people could be offended, though I would vote to outlaw gayness, I do not hate someone for being gay. It's just there life choice. Though I would rather them be straight.

Now we are of topic officially... Just call this thread OFFICIAL THREAD OFF TOPIC!!