The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Well, I suppose I'll ask to be sure- is from either The Clues Brothers or Secret Files series?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Okay- was it pulling the fire alarm (without an actual fire in progress, of course)?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

tomswift2002

You got it MacGyver.  The incident occurred in First Day, Worst Day.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Aha! I thought so. First Day, Worst Day is one of the few of The Clues Brothers books that I have. I read it a while back and vaguely recalled that. One of these days I might invest in getting the whole series for both The Clues Brothers and Secret Files, but I just haven't really felt the need. I'd rather keep up with the Hardy Boys Adventures series at this point... (But I do have some books from both series, just for the sake of completion and having at least some from each series.)

MacGyver

Okay- I think I'll do a pretty easy one next. Which Hardy Boys book was the first of the books that were not revised?

MacGyver

Anyone? Anyone?....

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?........

Hardy Sleuth

#39 The Mystery of the Chinese Junk
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Awesome! You got it, Hardy Sleuth! Good job! :) 8)

Your turn to stump everyone.

(On a side note, The Mystery of the Chinese Junk is a special book to me because it's the first Hardy Boys book I remember reading as a kid. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on October 28, 2013, 08:35:37 PM
Awesome! You got it, Hardy Sleuth! Good job! :) 8)

Your turn to stump everyone.

(On a side note, The Mystery of the Chinese Junk is a special book to me because it's the first Hardy Boys book I remember reading as a kid. :) 8)

Thanks, MacGyver. :)

I'll try. ;) That's cool about the book. :)

Next trivia question:
What is it about the Pollitt house's location that caused Chief Collig to contact Captain Ryder? :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

tomswift2002

It's at the top of smugglers tunnels that lead down to Barmet Bay, and Collig needed the Coast Guard to cut off the lower part of the criminal's base that could only be accessed by water.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 29, 2013, 09:48:04 PM
It's at the top of smugglers tunnels that lead down to Barmet Bay, and Collig needed the Coast Guard to cut off the lower part of the criminal's base that could only be accessed by water.

You're definitely thinking of the right book and about the tunnels and the need for the Coast Guard, but Captain Ryder isn't with the Coast Guard, so it's a different reason about that for the answer to the trivia question. :)

tomswift2002

Is Captain Ryder with the state police, and Collig needed them because part of the property was in Bayport, and under his jurisdiction, while the other part was under state jurisdiction?

MacGyver

That's sounding right and really familiar to me now that you say it- but Hardy Sleuth will have to confirm it of course.