Mr. Pizza Forum Upgrade

Started by SkyWarp, July 18, 2009, 08:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

I have upgrade to the latest version of SMF.  Of course, in the process the individual themes we have will not work with the current version and even the default theme is missing some images. 

I hope to get the default theme images remedied quickly and each of the other themes rebuilt soon. 

Thanks for your patience. 

SkyWarp

Most of the themes are now working correctly, with the exception of a few images.  The fonts in a few places may lookd different than before as well, but for now, I don't think I am going to take the time to remedy each one of them.

Again, if you notice anything out of the ordinary, please let me know. 

I am already aware of the images behind the far right menu items are missing on many pages.  (ie, logout, mark as read, etc). 

SDLagent

Yeah, when I logged-on today, I noticed the text looked different and smaller.

003Robin457

Yeah I noticed too. The qouts are in black boxes.

SDLagent

Plus, the signatures are right up against the posts.

tomswift2002

Okay, so my screen isn't playing tricks on me.

Now then, where is that magnifying glass option on here???
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 20, 2009, 07:51:36 PM
Okay, so my screen isn't playing tricks on me.

Now then, where is that magnifying glass option on here???

CONTROL +

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 21, 2009, 10:34:05 AM
You realize I was joking there?

Yes, but Ithought I would let others know just in case. 

FYI to everyone: I do plan on remedying the fonts.  I just haven't had time yet. 

SkyWarp

A significant update to the forum will take place in the coming weeks (hopefully before the end of the year). 

The message boards may be down for several hours or perhaps a day or two in the first phase of this planned update.   

All themes as you currently see them will be gone and a new default theme will be used until after a second phase of the planned upgrade is finalized.  During this second phase, the forum (as well as the entire web site) may be down for 1-3 days. 

I plan to give a heads up at least one day before planned upgrades and changes in phase 2.  Phase 1 may not have any prior notices given

As this new version of the software is a significant change, it may be some time before I am able to properly build a new theme to match the web site, however, I believe all the changes that will be made will be well worth the effort. 

SDLagent

SkyWarp

The forum upgrade (phase 1) has been finished. 

As always, if you find any bugs, please pass them along so they can be addressed.  Although we are not using "BETA" software anymore, this is still a Pre-release version of the software, so their could still be some bugs. 

This just the first of many web site upgrades we hope to finalize before the end of the year!  Stay tuned for more information. 

tomswift2002

Nice.  Although it'll be nice when you get some of the borders back online like the Casefiles or Ultra Thrillers borders.

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 13, 2009, 08:21:23 AM
Nice.  Although it'll be nice when you get some of the borders back online like the Casefiles or Ultra Thrillers borders.

Not to give too much away, but all that will be gone as we know.  In fact, everything you see on the main site will be gone as we know it.  Woops, maybe that was too much too soon.  :)

SDLagent

The new forum looks great SkyWarp - nice and clean. Looking forward to the redesign of main site!