The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay, cool- I got it right. 8)
Well, since we're talking about The Hardy Boys' chums, how about this one:
After years (like, decades) of absence, in what book did Jerry Gilroy make a possible, albeit unnamed, cameo appearance?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on March 07, 2010, 08:08:37 PM
Actually, Jerry was appearing in the books as late as 1944.

Yeah, but after 1932 he essentially got dropped from frequent appearances.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

No one knows? Perhaps it was a subtle tribute to The Hardy Boys' 75th. anniversary. Perhaps that will serve as a clue? ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

I've heard of this before, but I can't remember the name. I think Tom knows it, though.

MacGyver

Okay- I'm sure someone will come up with this eventually. I was quite pleasantly excited when I ran across this myself some years ago. :D 8)

hardygirl847

Hmm...a little detective work of my own might be in order.  8)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

I would suggest looking for another of the books similar (in some respects) to the one you were last reading. :)

tomswift2002

The only book that I can think of is #174 Hide and Sneak.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

That one is very close numerically- but not quite the one I was thinking of. The book I'm thinking of really took The Hardy Boys to new heights. ;)
(Though now that you mention this, you must tell me the specifics of this mention. :D)

SDLagent

MacGyver

No, not that one. And not those kinds of heights- but good guess. :D

hardygirl847

MacGyver

If it helps, you are really close. And now that I had a chance to look back through the book I'm talking about, I realize that this character actually is named- but by first name only. However, there's an additional clue in the passage that makes it pretty clear that it most likely is a Jerry Gilroy cameo. :D 8)

tomswift2002

#172 Trouble In Warp Space?

As for #174 Hide-And-Sneak http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/Hide-and-Sneak

I don't remember that much from the book since I last read it when it came out in August 2002 and I haven't had a chance to re-read it.  But I do remember that it was one of the few post-Stratemeyer titles that actually had the Sleuth make an appearance.