How many of your friends read Hardy Boys?

Started by SDLagent, August 14, 2008, 04:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

This thread was inspired by some discussion in the "#20 Feeding Frenzy" topic, about how little people know about the current Hardy Boys series, so the question(s) is...

How many people do you know who currently read the Hardy Boys, and out of those people how many read a current series?

The thread is called "How many of your friends read Hardy Boys?'' but doesn't have to be your friends, can be anybody you have met.

mystery chick 901

Well, I know of about 8 people who read the UB's.

003Robin457

Other than you guys I only know one, but then agin reading is not exactly the cool thing at my school. :(

NZone

None that I know. Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise, none of my friends are big readers.  ;)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

Haha n_zone! I got you beat. Britney Spears, my bff, is reading the HB:UB for therapy ;)

mystery chick - 8 people? Wow.

My dad used to read them all the time to the class back in the day. Now, if I find a particular good story from any of the series (Originals, Digests, Casefiles, UB, whatever) I pass it onto him. I guess I'm his weeder. Or tester. W/E ;D

Centrion

I few family members read it and a few other people, but those were only the originals. I had a friend who read all of them, and we loaned books to each other. Several years later, he's kinda of gorwn out of them (Literaly, he's at least 6 feet!). My cousin also reads them.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

FrankJoeATAC

Only one person I know reads them, and my dad used to like to read the Classics when he was a kid.

SDLagent

Quote from: mystery chick 901 on August 14, 2008, 11:08:04 AM
Well, I know of about 8 people who read the UB's.

Wow that's a lot!

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on August 14, 2008, 08:48:18 PM
Only one person I know reads them, and my dad used to like to read the Classics when he was a kid.
Ah, what about your sister?

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: SDLagent on August 14, 2008, 09:17:48 PM
Ah, what about your sister?

oh,  yeah, my sister too, I can't believe I forgot her! Sorry JHR..

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Sam Spade

My brother reads them sometimes, but probably not as much as he used too. (He got me into the series) Anyway, he doesn't really read the UBs (he's only read Deprivation House so far, but he plans on reading the rest of the Murder House Trilogy.)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Bigfootman

I know seval adults who have read the books, but gave them awyway, and they were all classics.

One day, me and a freind were digging through a cloest and found the Hardy Boy's ghost stories! He let me keep it. ;D

I have convived another one of my freinds to read "Day Of The Dinosaur" and 2 nancy drew books, but she dosn't seem intrested.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

Do you mean "connived"? Either way, good luck convincing her :)

Maybe she'll like the HBs better, unless she's already reading them!

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

I visit the Star Trek discussion board over at Simonsays.com and right now we've got someone over there who wants an answer about the ebook releases and doesn't want to write a letter and send it by the post-office after he's sent a couple of emails and made a couple of phone calls that went nowhere.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca