How do you picture the characters?

Started by SDLagent, May 08, 2009, 02:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

I don't recall any threads in the past like this. Anyway, this is how I picture the characters:

Frank: 18 years old,  dark brown eyes and hair, 6'1'', slim yet muscular.

Joe: 17 years old, blue eyes, blond (slightly wavy) hair, 6 feet, a bit stockier than his brother.

I see the brothers, basically how they are described in the Casefiles.

Fenton: 47 years old, gray eyes, graying dark brown hair, around 6 feet, slim for his age.

Laura: 43 years old, blue eyes, shoulder length wavy blond hair, slim and small.

Gertrude: Late 50s, blue eyes (with glasses), almost gray brown hair, 5'10'', slim.

Chet: 17 years old, blue eyes, curly red hair, 5'10'', plump.

Iola: 16 years old, green eyes, long curly brown hair, medium height for a women, slim.

Callie: 18 years old, brown eyes, wavy blond hair, slightly taller than Iola, slim.

Biff: 17 years old, blue eyes, short blond hair, 6'3'', big and muscular.

Tony: 18 years old, brown eyes, black hair, dark skin, 5'7'', slim.

Phil: 18 years old, brown eyes (black rimmed glasses), dark brown hair, 5'7'', slim.

Jerry: 17 years old, blue eyes, light brown hair, 5'11'', wiry.

Sam: 40 years old, blue eyes, sandy hair, 5'11'', slim but a bit stockier than Fenton.

Ezra: 50 years old, blue eyes, thinning gray hair, 5'10, plump.

Con: late 20s/early 30s, brown eyes, light brown hair, 6'3'', big but slim (if that makes any sense)

Jack Wayne: late 20s, blue eyes, blond hair, 5'11'', slim.

Smuff: late 40s, blue eyes, bald, 5'10'', fat.

Bigfootman

I don't have a picture in my head of Ioa, as she is dead in the casefiles, and I like the Casefiles the best. The fact she is slowly dissapearing in the UBs does not help.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Well, she is described in the Casefiles. In fact, that's where I discovered she had green eyes, before that I always thought they were blue.

003Robin457

I pictuer people about like you. To me Frank's hair is medium length and Joe's is long like in the GNs. Chet has short spikey blond hair. Iola's hair is long and wavey.

JoeHardyRocks

I picture Frank and Joe to look like they do in the graphic novels.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

For me, I sort of picture Frank and Joe looking they way they did on the covers of the Casefiles (like Edge Of Destruction) in terms of build, but then when it comes to the clothes they wear, unless it says differently in the text, when I'm reading a Grosset & Dunlap book, I picture them in a sport coat and slacks (not the dress pant slack, but the khaki style slack that still looks good for business or casual outings), while the Wanderer Digests I sort of picture them in a combination of both the sport coat and slacks along with a T-Shirt/pullover shirt and slacks. The later Digests I picture them in the same T-shirt and slack combination.  Then in the Casefiles I picture Frank as wearing the same T-Shirt and slack combination as the Wanderer Digests, while Joe is running around in a T-Shirt and jeans (hey, they've got to look good for their future wives Nancy and Bess!).  As for the UB's, I see the Hardys as being physically the build of a 10-12 year old, with Joe wearing baggy cargo pants while Frank probably wears the khaki style pant as well, but a size bigger to be baggy, and both of them running around in T-Shirts with the name or picture of a favorite TV show on them.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

FrankJoeATAC

I never pictured Chet with Red hair, usually blonde.

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

tomswift2002

Oh---he's the guy from that trailer cooking show on the Food Network.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

Are you serious, JHR? That's how you picture Chet?

A lot of the descriptions by SDL is generally what I picture, but a lot is different, too.

What tomswift2002 said about the UBs is similar: I also picture the cargo/khaki pants, but with polo shirts.

I'll go into more in-depth for the rest in a bit.

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

Oh, okay.

I think I picture him more like the drawings in the blue spine Originals.

Olivia

I?ll use SDL?s list as a basis. I?ll just point out some of my differences. I may or may not be right about my descriptions according to the books, but this is just how I have seen the characters.

QuoteFrank: 18 years old, dark brown eyes and hair, 6'1'', slim yet muscular.

Joe: 17 years old, blue eyes, blond (slightly wavy) hair, 6 feet, a bit stockier than his brother.

I see the brothers, basically how they are described in the Casefiles.

Agreed. Just one little thing about Joe ? I picture him with a little bit longer hair than Frank and/or (for lack of a better term) shaggier, but not wavy.

QuoteFenton: 47 years old, gray eyes, graying dark brown hair, around 6 feet, slim for his age.

Laura: 43 years old, blue eyes, shoulder length wavy blond hair, slim and small.

Gertrude: Late 50s, blue eyes (with glasses), almost gray brown hair, 5'10'', slim.

Exactly, except I think of Gertrude with brown eyes, although I don't think I've clearly thought about her eye colour.

QuoteChet: 17 years old, blue eyes, curly red hair, 5'10'', plump.

Iola: 16 years old, green eyes, long curly brown hair, medium height for a women, slim.

Callie: 18 years old, brown eyes, wavy blond hair, slightly taller than Iola, slim.

Chet: I think of him with reddish, thick hair. Often blondish, too. Not really wavy. For the colour, I think it depends on the series.

Iola: I always saw her with long, very straight dark brown hair with brown eyes. But I may change my thinking to green eyes (lol).

Callie: I see her with shoulder-length, thick (but straight) blonde hair. (Edit: with blue eyes).

QuoteBiff: 17 years old, blue eyes, short blond hair, 6'3'', big and muscular.

Tony: 18 years old, brown eyes, black hair, dark skin, 5'7'', slim.

Phil: 18 years old, brown eyes (black rimmed glasses), dark brown hair, 5'7'', slim.

Jerry: 17 years old, blue eyes, light brown hair, 5'11'', wiry.

Sam: 40 years old, blue eyes, sandy hair, 5'11'', slim but a bit stockier than Fenton.

Ezra: 50 years old, blue eyes, thinning gray hair, 5'10, plump.

Con: late 20s/early 30s, brown eyes, light brown hair, 6'3'', big but slim (if that makes any sense)

Jack Wayne: late 20s, blue eyes, blond hair, 5'11'', slim.

Smuff: late 40s, blue eyes, bald, 5'10'', fat.

Exactly everything here. Except I can?t remember whether or not I see Ezra and Smuff with blue eyes. Probably, if it says so in the book.

And I didn?t know (or forgot) that Phil had glasses. Plus, I think I might've thought Jerry was older.

SDLagent

Quote from: Rainbows & Lollipops on May 10, 2009, 08:45:02 PM
I may or may not be right about my descriptions according to the books, but this is just how I have seen the characters.

Well, that's why I named this ''how do you picture the characters?'' not ''how are the characters described''.