The Hardy Boys: Secret Files #6: Bicycle Thief

Started by SkyWarp, January 09, 2011, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The cover to the 6th book in the Secret Files series is now available via S&S Catalog Site.  "Bicycle Thief" is due out in stores August 9, 2011.

SDLagent

Is it just me or do all the SF covers look the same?

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I was just reading the publisher plot descriptions for Bicycle Thief and the The Bike Race Ruckus, the final book from the Clues Brothers series, and, boy, do they ever sound extremely similar.

Here's the plot for Bicycle Thief (August 2011):

It's time for the annual Junior Bike Race in Bayport, and Frank and Joe are the top contenders. Midway through the race, Frank runs over a nail and blows a tire. It seems as if the day couldn't get worse--until Frank's bicycle goes missing!

Bayport's leading bully, Adam Ackerman, seems to be the prime suspect. But when he proves that he wasn't the bicycle thief, everyone turns out to be a potential culprit--even Mr. Mack's dog, Lucy! Can Frank and Joe crack the case and bring Frank's bicycle home?

And here's the plot description for The Bike Race Ruckus (April 2000, Clues Brothers):

Lots of kids are planning to enter the Bike Jamboree. There will be cross-country riding, an obstacle course, and even a contest for funniest bike. Bully Zack Jackson and his buddy Brett call the Hardys wimps. But is someone playing dirty to win the grand prize--a supercool twenty-speed mountain bike?

Frank and Joe are determined to be good sports, but it's no go. First Brett finds gum on his brake pad. Then somebody messes with Joe's bike seat. Who's behind the nasty tricks? Frank and Joe gear up to find out--before the big bike race ends in a big disaster!

Doesn't look promising for this Secret Files entry.

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Well, it's not the first time themes and settings and plots have been re-used with variations.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"