2013 Book Club Sign-up

Started by tomswift2002, October 20, 2012, 09:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay- haven't heard anything yet. I'd really love to do the Ring of Evil trilogy if someone will go in on it with me. If I don't hear something soon, I will go ahead with my other book for October though. (And thus, leave two more spaces open for the last two months of the year for anyone who wants to take them.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Okay- since I haven't heard from anyone else, and tomorrow starts October, I will go ahead and take the October book. So here's the 2013 lineup.

January- Hardy Sleuth Speed Times Five (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #173)
February- MacGyver The Shattered Helmet (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #52)
March- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Handbook: Seven Stories of Survival (British title: The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook)
April-tomswift2002 Flesh And Blood (Casefiles #39)
May- Dinosaur Dan Danger Unlimited (Casefiles #79)
June- Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery #29)
July- tomswift2002 The Shore Road Mystery (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #6)
August- Dinosaur Dan Hot Wheels (Casefiles #91)
September- tomswift2002 Stress Point (Casefiles #125)
October- MacGyver Trick-or-Trouble (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #175)
November-
December-

The last two months of the year are open still. If someone is interested in hosting a month, please sign up with your choice of book. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

By the way, I will plan to post a thread for October's book within the next two weeks or so.

tomswift2002

A very seasonal book.  I love seeing all the candy corn on the front cover (I just bought six tubs of candy corn the other day!)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah- this one is specifically set at Halloween and though I'm not a big fan of that holiday, I do enjoy this book pretty well- so I thought it'd be a fun one to do for this month. And candy corn is great! (I particularly love the caramel candy corn.) :) 8)

MacGyver

Just a reminder- there's about a week and a half left of October.  I've been enjoying rereading Trick-Or-Trouble for this month's book. Anyone want to take on books for the last two months of this year? 

MacGyver

Okay- November 1st. is this Friday!
One more call here for November's book and December's book. Anyone interested?
I can do yet another book if needs be, I suppose- but as I've said before, I don't want to take them all on. Part of the fun of this is the discussion from everyone about the books and the varied selection of book choices as everyone gets a chance to have their favorites spotlighted. Come on- who wants next? :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

I can do Secret Files Hopping Mad for the upcoming month. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Awesome! :) 8) Thanks, Hardy Sleuth. Now if we can just have someone take on December, we'll be set for the rest of the year.

MacGyver

So here's the 2013 lineup thus far:

January- Hardy Sleuth Speed Times Five (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #173)
February- MacGyver The Shattered Helmet (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #52)
March- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Handbook: Seven Stories of Survival (British title: The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook)
April-tomswift2002 Flesh And Blood (Casefiles #39)
May- Dinosaur Dan Danger Unlimited (Casefiles #79)
June- Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery #29)
July- tomswift2002 The Shore Road Mystery (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #6)
August- Dinosaur Dan Hot Wheels (Casefiles #91)
September- tomswift2002 Stress Point (Casefiles #125)
October- MacGyver Trick-or-Trouble (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #175)
November- Hardy Sleuth Hopping Mad (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files #4)
December-

One more month open........ :)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 29, 2013, 09:49:26 PM
You're on Hardy Sleuth.

Ok-dokey. 8)

Quote from: MacGyver on October 30, 2013, 09:46:06 AM
Awesome! :) 8) Thanks, Hardy Sleuth. Now if we can just have someone take on December, we'll be set for the rest of the year.

Cool. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

Anyone want to wrap up 2013 with a book for December?

MacGyver

:) yes, that would be great if someone wants to step up to the plate... :D

tomswift2002

There's less than a week to go.