Dead Man in Deadwood

Started by Kerin, May 04, 2009, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerin

I just finished reading it and I can see why some people say it was one of the worst.
It had a good story and history there, but the criminal was too obvious and the writing wasn't the best.And someone of the parts it was just way too easy to see what was going to happen.

Anyone else read it?
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

tomswift2002

It's been a few years since I read it, and basically I don't want to read it, since the biggest action scene was the graveyard-open field scene at the end of the book, where I think the town was doing the reenactment of some Civil War battle.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

The book sucked. The story dragged on, and the confict about the land only made the book more boring. It used lame clifhangers and the action was missing. A three year old could figure out the bad guy. The picture on the cover was not in the book, and the closest thing to it was a clifhanger right before a boring talking part. The title should have been "Dead Plot In Deadwood".

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

kosmicdust

MacGyver

I've read Dead Man in Deadwood a couple of times- it's one of my favorites. Perhaps it's just that I like the American history part of it- but I don't honestly think it's all that bad. But then, I don't think any of The Hardy Boys Casefiles are all that bad. They're all pretty awesome to me. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on January 14, 2011, 02:24:03 PM
I've read Dead Man in Deadwood a couple of times- it's one of my favorites. Perhaps it's just that I like the American history part of it- but I don't honestly think it's all that bad. But then, I don't think any of The Hardy Boys Casefiles are all that bad. They're all pretty awesome to me. :) 8)

I tend to relate more to the Hardy boys of the Casefiles world than the other worlds, but considering that this was essentially a "Part 2" to Virtual Villainy, I found it extremely weak and more like something that was written very fast because someone thought that it would be interesting to have the readers see the Hardy boys only a few days after Virtual Villainy on their way home to Bayport, but they really didn't have any idea what the boys were going to do. 

It was kind of like when I first saw Birthright Parts 1 & 2 from Star Trek The Next Generation (the DS9-crossover episode) and I wanted to see more of Data's dream's and Deep Space Nine in Part 2, but the producers just dropped those plot threads at the end of Part 1, and just left Part 2 as Worf's story, which I didn't find as interesting.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Perhaps so. I did like the fact that they tied it into the events of Virtual Villiany- that was nice to have a book happening right after the other one. And I like those cases where they just fall into adventure- and mystery. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I hated this one and really don't know why. :-\