Statistics

Started by tomswift2002, June 22, 2009, 02:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

I do that all the time. I haven't yet perfected the Frank-Hardy-Karate-Chop-On-Neck-And-Knock-Them-Out part yet. I guess that's one of the reasons I still have a job.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: Kismet on June 25, 2009, 08:54:42 PM
Karate chops?! That's both stupid and funny at the same time.

Yeah, he's not a friend you'd want to sneak up on.

JoeHardyRocks

I can jump on the pogo stick longer than he can, though. But only because he challenged me, and I would have hated to lose to him. 869.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

Quote from: NZone on June 25, 2009, 08:56:25 PM
I do that all the time. I haven't yet perfected the Frank-Hardy-Karate-Chop-On-Neck-And-Knock-Them-Out part yet. I guess that's one of the reasons I still have a job.

Yeah, well, I perfected the Joe-Hardy-fist-to-face. Can I practice on you? :P

And no switching. You're not allowed to practice on me.

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on June 25, 2009, 09:41:28 PM
Yeah, he's not a friend you'd want to sneak up on.

I'll bet.

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on June 25, 2009, 09:46:36 PM
I can jump on the pogo stick longer than he can, though. But only because he challenged me, and I would have hated to lose to him. 869.

Yeah! Go Emma!

SDLagent

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on June 25, 2009, 08:38:40 PM
I only know about... 0 guys like that. :P Maybe actually one, but all the other ones are just super rude and burp in our faces all the time. This one guy kicks us and karate chops us really hard at our church every week. :P :P :P

Don't worry. In a few years, the same guy will be asking you on a date.

Olivia

And she'll run screaming or think it's a joke. (The latter happened to me).

SDLagent

...and than he'll go jump off a cliff.

003Robin457

And thats the circle of life.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: SDLagent on June 27, 2009, 12:52:18 AM
Don't worry. In a few years, the same guy will be asking you on a date.

And I will show him pictures of everything he used to do to me. :P
"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

While I'm in the process of clarifying, what I mentioned above happened when I was in grade 7 and the person was joking around at the time, so of course it was messed up.

I'm not that oblivious now (even if it seems like it).

Quote from: Buttercup on July 07, 2009, 04:20:18 PM
And I will show him pictures of everything he used to do to me. :P

You actually have photos lol.

JoeHardyRocks

Yeah, I do have some photos. :DWhen we went to camp, they had to take him to the hospital because he went chasing after this ball of play-doh and he cut his head pretty badly on a table... I always knew he would do something like that....  :-\
"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

Kind of sad. But kind of ridiculous, and just a tad funny (chasing after playdough).

That reminds me of when we were shooting an episode in the downtown park on a Sunday afternoon. There were these kids with light sabers: one kid was holding one and riding his bike, while the other boy on foot chased his friend on the bike and kept hitting him with the saber. It was really funny at the time.

Then all these kids kept showing up with light sabers :-\

JoeHardyRocks

LOL! Some people are just really big Star Wars fans or something... :-\
"Thank you, Joe."

hardygirl847

I am a die hard Casefile fan. I recently purchased Tower of Treasure in bluespine to read because it was the first HB story. I have some newer versions but can't seem to get into them as much as the casefiles.

I am a 26 yr old married woman and I LOVE the Hardy Boys. My family thinks I'm a little nuts but I don't care. They allow me to escape into a different world. I found them when I was 12 or 13 and boy crazy so it makes sense that I am into them again...and twice as old. lol

Nancy Drew doesn't do it for me. I know some of you like her as a heroine but I like the fact that boys are getting into tight spots and having close calls. No more damsels in distress...And besides if I had to chose between two cute boys or one girl to rescue me....it would be Frank and Joe all the way!! 

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I take it your copy of "Tower Treasure" is a Picture Cover book with the picture right on the hardcover boards and no Dustjacket?  Since while, technically, it is the "first" book in the series, all copies of The Tower Treasure published by Grosset & Dunlap since 1959 have been of the revised text which only contains 20 chapters. 

The true "first" Hardy Boys book was called The Tower Treasure, but the Grosset & Dunlap edition of that book has been out-of-print since 1959.  But in 1991 Applewood books did bring that edition back into print and it is still available from Amazon and a number of other stores.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca