Hardy Boys GN#17: Word Up!

Started by SkyWarp, October 21, 2008, 11:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The title to the 17th Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers graphic novel has been revealed at Amazon.com. The street date for "Word Up!" is May 26, 2009.

SDLagent

Thanks for posting, CJ. I was, almost, almost starting to worry #16 would be the last graphic.

I wonder what it will be about...of course the name doesn't tell us anything, as (almost) always.

With the publication of this, Scott Lobdell will pass Leslie McFarland for most consecutive Hardy Boys titles written. Of course, novels and graphic novels are different...but still, it's an interesting peace of trivia.

Oh, yeah, have I mentioned before that I hate it when a book has an exclamation point in the title? Question marks are pretty bad, too.

SDLagent

I've made an article about this book on The Hardy Boys Wiki:

http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/Word_Up!

JoeHardyRocks

Awesome! But I still have to get 14, 15, and 16... :'(
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

It's actually called "Word Up" ??!!

Oookay. That's actually kind of funny. It'll probably be something weird like a spelling bee.

Olivia

Q

*groans* Not another of those weird names!

NZone

Word Up is a slang term meaning I agree ... so it could be anything
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

Yeah, I was going to say it probably takes place in a ghetto but I didn't want to be stereotypical or inappropriate.

NZone

you're so stereotypical! (and inappropriate)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

I guess I could be accused of worse ::)

Olivia

Actually, "inappropriate" covers a lot.

tomswift2002

I wonder if Word Up! might be a part 2 in some sort of graphic novel trilogy????  Considering what we've seen on the cover to Shhhh! that would make a lot of sense.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Q

Hey! That could work. They thought they were only protecting a bunch of kids, but when one of the kids accidentally overhear some spies talking about espionage.... The Hardy boys have to stop a terrorist bunch bent on America's destruction.   
What do you think?

003Robin457

Hummm... They did do a ND GN trilogy a little while back but I don't know if these will be a trilogy. :-\

Quote from: SDLagent on October 22, 2008, 01:27:36 AM
With the publication of this, Scott Lobdell will pass Leslie McFarland for most consecutive Hardy Boys titles written. Of course, novels and graphic novels are different...but still, it's an interesting peace of trivia.

Go Scott!!  :D