Favorite episodes of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries ('70s)

Started by MacGyver, February 17, 2011, 08:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite episode(s) of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries?

The Mystery of the Haunted House
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of Pirate's Cove
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of Witches' Hollow
3 (27.3%)
The Mystery of the Diamond Triangle
2 (18.2%)
The Disappearing Floor
3 (27.3%)
The Secret of the Whispering Walls
1 (9.1%)
The Flickering Torch Mystery
2 (18.2%)
A Haunting We Will Go
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of the Flying Courier
3 (27.3%)
The Mystery of the Fallen Angels
1 (9.1%)
Wipe Out
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of the Ghostwriter's Cruise
2 (18.2%)
The Secret of the Jade Kwan Yin
4 (36.4%)
The Mystery of the Solid Gold Kicker
1 (9.1%)
The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula (Part 1)
4 (36.4%)
The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula (Part 2)
4 (36.4%)
The Mystery of King Tut's Tomb
2 (18.2%)
The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom (Part 1)
5 (45.5%)
The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom (Part 2)
5 (45.5%)
The Mystery of the African Safari
2 (18.2%)
The Creatures Who Came on Sunday
4 (36.4%)
The Strange Fate of Flight 608
2 (18.2%)
Acapulco Spies
3 (27.3%)
Nancy Drew's Love Match
1 (9.1%)
The Mystery of the Silent Scream
3 (27.3%)
Will the Real Santa Claus...?
1 (9.1%)
The Lady on Thursday at Ten
3 (27.3%)
Oh Say Can You Sing
2 (18.2%)
The House on Possessed Hill
2 (18.2%)
Sole Survivor
5 (45.5%)
Voodoo Doll (Part 1)
3 (27.3%)
Voodoo Doll (Part 2)
3 (27.3%)
Mystery of the Avalanche Express
3 (27.3%)
Death Surf
2 (18.2%)
Arson & Old Lace
3 (27.3%)
Campus Terror
1 (9.1%)
Last Kiss of Summer (Part 1)
1 (9.1%)
Last Kiss of Summer (Part 2)
1 (9.1%)
Assault on the Tower
1 (9.1%)
Search for Atlantis
2 (18.2%)
Dangerous Waters
1 (9.1%)
Scorpion's Sting
2 (18.2%)
Defection to Paradise (Part 1)
1 (9.1%)
Defection to Paradise (Part 2)
1 (9.1%)
Game Plan
3 (27.3%)
Life on the Line
1 (9.1%)
I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!! (And I just can't pick a favorite) :-)
7 (63.6%)
I like Season One best
2 (18.2%)
I like Season Two best
4 (36.4%)
I like Season Three best
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

MacGyver

Okay- since Olivia mentioned it in another thread, here's a poll for your favorite episode(s) of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. I already listed some of my favorite episodes in that same thread, but I'll go ahead and say definitively here- I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! (And I'm really no good at choosing favorites.) I enjoy all the episodes pretty well and I think all three seasons are great. And when it comes down to it- I'd rather watch any of these episodes over most shows on TV today.
     If you want to just say that you love all of the episodes, there's an option for that- which is what I'm going with. But for the purposes of determining fan popularity of episodes, let's try to keep favorite episodes to 10. Hopefully that will be a do-able number. And honestly, if you can't narrow down favorite episodes to only 10, that's a good thing because it means that the show has that many great episodes! :) 8)
Okay, sleuths- go to it. Frank, Joe and Nancy are waiting expectantly. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I love them all! Can't pick just one!

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

SDLagent

I like Season Two the best. Most of my favourite episodes come from that season. Mind you, that season had more episodes...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on February 17, 2011, 10:56:50 PM
I like Season Two the best. Most of my favourite episodes come from that season. Mind you, that season had more episodes...

Ever seen season three?

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

I liked :

The Silent Scream
All the Nancy Drew Crossovers
Apacaluco Spies

I can't remember all the names :( but basically all the first 2 seasons of the HB's, and all the crossovers with Nancy Drew... I've never seen any season 3 :'(
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

There's some good stuff in Season 3- definitely worth checking out. Check the thread here for more info on how to do so.

hardygirl847

I haven't watched any of the ND episodes so I didn't bother picking any of those. I probably could have picked a few more but I was trying to pick my top choices.

I know it's hard to choose sometimes though. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Seriously? You haven't seen any of the Nancy Drew episodes? I'm guessing you just mean the episodes where she's by herself in the 1st. and 2nd. seasons. I mean- you've seen the crossover with The Hardy Boys episodes, right? Well, even if you're not a huge fan of Nancy, I think it's worth watching them- they are definitely quite good and well on par with The Hardy Boys episodes, in my opinion.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 20, 2011, 10:05:19 PM
Seriously? You haven't seen any of the Nancy Drew episodes? I'm guessing you just mean the episodes where she's by herself in the 1st. and 2nd. seasons. I mean- you've seen the crossover with The Hardy Boys episodes, right? Well, even if you're not a huge fan of Nancy, I think it's worth watching them- they are definitely quite good and well on par with The Hardy Boys episodes, in my opinion.

I saw one (I have season one and two on DVD) and really didn't care for it. ::)

MacGyver

Okay. It's your choice of course- I just think they're worth watching it. That could also be because I tend to be something of a completist so I generally want to watch every single episode- no matter how bad some might say some are (and by bad- I mean, bad quality wise- in story, acting, etc.) ;D

Olivia

Quote from: MacGyver on February 17, 2011, 08:50:56 PM
Okay- since Olivia mentioned it in another thread, here's a poll for your favorite episode(s) of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.

Thanks for doing it! :)

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 20, 2011, 10:09:04 PM
I saw one (I have season one and two on DVD) and really didn't care for it. ::)

Not all of NDs are "super". But check out my list if you want to know/see the better ones.

Olivia

It was easy to pick the NDs and the ND/HBs, but it was tough picking just the HBs since I find a few are about the same on my scale. Didn't choose any season 3 since I haven't had a chance to see it yet.

The Mystery of the Flying Courier (HBs)

A Haunting We Will Go (ND) -- the theatre one

The Mystery of the Ghostwriter's Cruise (ND) -- a cool, classic mystery

The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula 1 & 2 (ND & HBs)

The Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom 1 & 2 (ND & HBs) -- the studio and set stuff was great

The Lady on Thursday at Ten (ND) -- this one had a plot that always stood out to me

Sole Survivor (HBs) -- ditto.

Mystery of the Avalanche Express (ND & HBs)

Special Mentions (that I didn't vote for):

The Mystery of the Silent Scream (HBs)

Oh Say Can You Sing (HBs)